You know what stinks about the doom and gloomers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LtBillsFan66
    • Jul 2002

Re: You know what stinks about the doom and gloomers?

Originally posted by casdhf
    you suppose the players think that way?
    Yeah. They sit around their lockers befuddled that they can't find any evidence that suggests that they have a chance to win. They wonder why they are even suiting up.

Comment

• BillsFever21
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
      those are slogans. Fact: the Bills struggle in night games. Evidence suggesting they win would be something like; Fact: the Pats also struggle in night games, the Bills can run against their D, something like that

Not "any given Sunday"- that says nothing about either team or how they play in the particular game situation which my "evidence" (not proof since you can't prove something that hasn't happened yet) had.
      When people start saying "Any given Sunday" and "They might have an off day" right there shows how much the team sucks.

I wonder if the Colts use them slogans. By saying that you are admitting we suck and would be fortunate to win.

A good team can go out and take care of their business by their play on the field.

Some have been watching too many Al Pacino movies.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsFever21
        When people start saying "Any given Sunday" and "They might have an off day" right there shows how much the team sucks.

I wonder if the Colts use them slogans. By saying that you are admitting we suck and would be fortunate to win.

A good team can go out and take care of their business by their play on the field.

Some have been watching too many Al Pacino movies.
        There is no question that the Pats are a better team.

That doesn't mean it's an automatic win for the Pats though.

So how do you "find evidence" that the Bills could win?

Get it?

The mental deficiencies of you pessimistic fans is so clear.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by billsfanone
          But you forget one small detail.
          THEY HAVEN'T PLAYED THE GOD DAMN GAME YET!
          Maybe you get your "evidence" from a crystal ball?
          Of so, give me some "evidence" of the next winning lotto #s.
          Mother ****er- evidence SUGGESTS how the game will go, it doesn't PROVE how it will go. None of that stuff I said PROVED we would lose, but it certainly provided a significant basis for THINKING we would lose. Nothing you guys who thought we would win said did that.

You want evidence on the next lotto numbers? Well, don't pick 66 if the possible numbers don't go above 65, don't pick the same numbers that won the last few times because its' statistically unlikely that they'll come up again- not that they can't, but history and statistics suggest they WON'T. You can't PROVE what the next lotto numbers will be, but if you use historical and statistical EVIDENCE, you can improve your chances.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
            • Jul 2002

Mother ****er- evidence SUGGESTS how the game will go, it doesn't PROVE how it will go. None of that stuff I said PROVED we would lose, but it certainly provided a significant basis for THINKING we would lose. Nothing you guys who thought we would win said did that.

You want evidence on the next lotto numbers? Well, don't pick 66 if the possible numbers don't go above that, don't pick the same numbers that won the last few times because its' statistically unlikely that they'll come up again- not that they can't, but history and statistics suggest they WON'T. You can't PROVE what the next lotto numbers will be, but if you use historical and statistical EVIDENCE, you can improve your chances.
            Evidence and proof mean the same thing.

Did you look it up yet?

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

Proof requires evidence but not all evidence is proof. OJ's glove is evidence SUGGESTING he was at the murder scene, but it doesn't PROVE his guilt on his own. Mark Fuhrman's racism is EVIDENCE that he might frame OJ, but isn't PROOF of a frame-up on it's own.
              Show me any proof or evidence with the Pats first sb. I dare you. 2nd yr. qb. Antione Smith.

Here's another, Argentina becoming basketball world champs.

Let's use you analogy, what proof did those people who won the lotto have to bilieve that they would win?
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                Show me any proof or evidence with the Pats first sb. I dare you.
                Show me someone stating that the Pats could win the Super Bowl in the absence of any facts or evidence (NOT PROOF- we're not trying to PROVE anything here, just defend our reasons for thinking a certain way).

There is uncertainly involved, and since it is EVIDENCE and not PROOF, it's not going to be correct 100% of the time or even a large percentage of the time. But until the Bills show something on the field that SUGGESTS they can make the playoffs, I believe they can't.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Show me someone stating that the Pats could win the Super Bowl in the absence of any facts or evidence (NOT PROOF- we're not trying to PROVE anything here, just defend our reasons for thinking a certain way). .
                  however you want to put it, show anyting that the pats did in regular season that lead you to believe that they would win the sb the first time they did. Nevermind, you just backtracked w/ the next statement
                  There is uncertainly involved, and since it is EVIDENCE and not PROOF, it's not going to be correct 100% of the time or even a large percentage of the time. But until the Bills show something on the field that SUGGESTS they can make the playoffs, I believe they can't.
                  That logic is only applicable to other teams but not the bills. Whatever.

You are up to bat and Johan Santana is pitching to you . Evidence shows that you aren't even good enough to make it to a highschool team therefore there is no way you are going to hit any of his pitches. Are you telling me you are gonna walk off the field before he even throws his first pitch so can can develop for next year? Your logic tells me, you would.
                  sacrifice1

Comment

• BillsFever21
                    • Aug 2004

Here is some PROOF for the two of you. Maybe you can quit bickering about it now.

Evidence suggests that something can/has happened. Proof is conclusive information that PROVES it did.

If, as has happened to me, you have been summonsed for jury duty, you may have the privilege of serving on a trial jury. At the beginning of this proceeding, the judge (or some videotape) will explain the difference between evidence and proof. Proof is conclusive; no doubt remains. Evidence is something which points to a conclusion but which, in itself, is not proof.
                    Now, most of us find it absolutely necessary to pass through our daily lives working on evidence. We cannot prove the job will be there tomorrow -- but we have good evidence, and so we continue working in the hope of a paycheck. The Christian faith works the same way. It is based on evidence, which is what you would expect of the truth. It is not based on proof. If it were, there could be no doubt; if doubt were not possible, faith would be unnecessary. And without faith it is impossible to please God.

In our daily Christian walk, then, we turn the evidence of Christ (which is very solid) into the working, day to day principle that we call
                    hope. That trusting in the evidence, and the Lord it presents, is faith. Hope is based on faith, and hope then becomes the working principle of our lives -- or should so become.
                    Confused? Let me give you a walking example. I have faith that my wife is faithful to me. There's a lot of evidence for that (starting with the fact she's put up with me for so long). But there is no way I could prove that she's faithful; indeed, even to make the attempt would so wound her that it would damage our relationship. So I take the evidence I have, turn it into practical hope, and go through life blithely assuming her fidelity. Hope becomes the ground work for action.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

however you want to put it, show anyting that the pats did in regular season that lead you to believe that they would win the sb the first time they did. Nevermind, you just backtracked w/ the next statement
                      That logic is only applicable to other teams but not the bills. Whatever.
                      You are up to bat and Johan Santana is pitching to you . Evidence shows that you aren't even good enough to make it to a highschool team therefore there is no way you are going to hit any of his pitches. Are you telling me you are gonna walk off the field before he even throws his first pitch so can can develop for next year? Your logic tells me, you would.
                      Irrelevant example. Why? Because in this particular example, what would I gain by walking away? NOTHING. In the case of the Bills, they do have something to gain by walking away: a QB that's ready for next year

And as far as the Patriots thing- no one was saying they could win the SB in the first year. People here WERE saying that the Bills could beat the pats. When I asked why, the best they could do was "Any given Sunday"- please.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BillsFever21
                        • Aug 2004

Here's an example:

Christopher Columbous had evidence in him own mind that the world was round when others suggested otherwise and thought they would fall off the earth. It wasn't till Columbous went out and PROVED that his evidence was correct till they knew for sure.

If someone is dead and the police find evidence of foul play by a blood spot on the wall and they feel they have their murderer. It isn't PROVEN till they get the DNA samples back.

They have evidence he was the murderer but they couldn't prove it till they got the DNA samples.

If a girl you have been boning for months ends up pregnant there is evidence that you could be the father. There isn't proof you're the father till the blood test come back positive.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

Irrelevant example. Why? Because in this particular example, what would I gain by walking away? NOTHING. In the case of the Bills, they do have something to gain by walking away: a QB that's ready for next year
                          And as far as the Patriots thing- no one was saying they could win the SB in the first year. People here WERE saying that the Bills could beat the pats. When I asked why, the best they could do was "Any given Sunday"- please.
                          Okay, let's say you don't walk away. I'm almost sure you won't swing .Not once. Why bother, the odds are against you, WHY EVEN TRY . You're logic not mine.

Bullcrap. the odds were against the Patriots going into the playoffs that year. By your logic they shouldn't even try. .

I have evidence and proof (whichever you want) that teasm always have a chance to beat the defending champion no matter how bad the team is.. Want me to pull those FACTS out?
                          sacrifice1

Comment

• BillsFever21
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by billsfanone
                            There is no question that the Pats are a better team.

That doesn't mean it's an automatic win for the Pats though.

So how do you "find evidence" that the Bills could win?

Get it?

The mental deficiencies of you pessimistic fans is so clear.
                            Same with the deficiencies of you homers who live in your own little world.

If you seem so sure how about we make a wager. I'll bet you $100 the Bills won't make the playoffs. Put up or shut up.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsFever21
                              Same with the deficiencies of you homers who live in your own little world.

If you seem so sure how about we make a wager. I'll bet you $100 the Bills won't make the playoffs. Put up or shut up.
                              have you ever bought a lotto ticket? Don't lie.
                              sacrifice1

Comment

• BillsFever21
                                • Aug 2004

have you ever bought a lotto ticket? Don't lie.
                                Of course. When you buy a lottery ticket any normal person doesn't expect to win and realize that they probably won't. About the same with our odds of winning the division.

If you guys treat everything like the Bills then you have your millions spent before you win it.

Comment

Working...
                                X