X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsFever21
    • Aug 2004

Re: 3-5

And to correct you, it was 12 fumbles in 10 games.

Holcomb has only started 4 games and he leads the league in fumbles.

Comment

• BillsFever21
      • Aug 2004

Comment

• eyedog
        • Jul 2002

Are you crazy T-Dummy ? There is no way Holcomb is going to be the starting qb for the next couple of years. If the Bills fall out of this race, he will be out and that will be the last game he ever starts in Buffalo barring injuries.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
          Unreachable Douche
          • Jul 2002

Opps
          Last edited by TacklingDummy; 11-08-2005, 01:17 PM.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
            Unreachable Douche
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by eyedog
            Are you crazy T-Dummy ? There is no way Holcomb is going to be the starting qb for the next couple of years.
            Time will tell.

My money is on Holcomb being the starter again next year.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
              Unreachable Douche
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsFever21
              Holcomb has fumbled 10 times in 4 games and is averaging 2 TO's a game.
              And to correct you holcomb has 8 fumbles in 6 games.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                And to correct you holcomb has 8 fumbles in 6 games.
                My bad. That is MUCH better. That's in 4 starts. In his 4 starts he has 6 fumbles. But hey that's only 24 a year. That's not too bad.

Comment

• eyedog
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Patrick76777
                  He made a mistake! Those things happen. Now he has to fix it.
                  No kidding. The problem is he is making too many mistakes, thus the mess this team is currently in.
                  The latest mistake, our new 7 million dollar guard.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                    Roways rooking ahread!
                    • Sep 2005

Originally posted by BillsFever21

Kelly Holcomb has provided consistency to the Bills quarterback position. His accurate passing has allowed the receivers to make plays in the passing game. Holcomb ranks third in the AFC with a 67.8 percent completion percentage on the season.

Think JP would make 3rd right now?

Comment

• colin
                      Drew's my hero!
                      • Jul 2002

i'm not huge on holcomb, and losman still has an upside, but as long as we are in the hunt and he is healthy we have to play holcomb

he has played better pretty much every week (did OK in jokeland and was overall strong against NE, of course i am not impressed with his 4th and long wimp throw).

the point that everyone who thinks we just have to throw JP in is missing is that JP is not as good as the QBs who got tossed in and struggled early but ended up better (eli, palmer, leftwitch, big ben etc). JP was the 4th qb taken and he has physical tools but is raw as hell. he just isn't ready and putting him in too early won't help.

the first mistake was tossing bledsoe, but at his cost it might have been a must do.

the second mistake was not having a competition for starting QB, no excuses there MM F'ed up.

the third mistake was keeping JP in 1 or 2 games too long, we would have won AT LEAST one of atlanta/NO if we had about 150 total passing yards and a few less 3 and outs.

putting holcomb in now is an attempt to correct the mistakes made, if we are truly out of it we should stick JP in there IF he shows something to the coaches that make them think he is more ready.

Comment

• colin
                        Drew's my hero!
                        • Jul 2002

i'm not huge on holcomb, and losman still has an upside, but as long as we are in the hunt and he is healthy we have to play holcomb

he has played better pretty much every week (did OK in jokeland and was overall strong against NE, of course i am not impressed with his 4th and long wimp throw).

the point that everyone who thinks we just have to throw JP in is missing is that JP is not as good as the QBs who got tossed in and struggled early but ended up better (eli, palmer, leftwitch, big ben etc). JP was the 4th qb taken and he has physical tools but is raw as hell. he just isn't ready and putting him in too early won't help.

the first mistake was tossing bledsoe, but at his cost it might have been a must do.

the second mistake was not having a competition for starting QB, no excuses there MM F'ed up.

the third mistake was keeping JP in 1 or 2 games too long, we would have won AT LEAST one of atlanta/NO if we had about 150 total passing yards and a few less 3 and outs.

putting holcomb in now is an attempt to correct the mistakes made, if we are truly out of it we should stick JP in there IF he shows something to the coaches that make them think he is more ready.

Comment

• dplus47
                          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Patrick76777
                          One game back of the division lead, A home game against New England looming, A strong running game, a mediocre former back-up QB who’s holding things together, a defense that’s not what it used to be but is hanging around and capable of doing great things, and a team that plays well at home but struggles on the road.
                          .Must be nice to be a Dolphins fan!

I wonder if they want to tank their season in order to get Leinert or Vick or if they’d rather go for the division title?
                          great post! we DO have a lot in common... i only wish to point out that the phins would be a lot better if frerotte were at least mediocre. and, as much as i love ronnie brown, no more really high draft picks. no more 20 million dollar bonuses. that can mess up cap flexibility in a hurry.

as for the whole j.p. debate, who's to say that j.p. is showing the coaching staff what they want to see? are there any reports on how he's doing in practice? if he hasn't put in the work to improve, they're even less likely to put him back in, if only to prove a point. holcomb may be mediocre, but he makes teams prepare for a multi-dimensional attack when they play the bills.

Comment

Working...
                          X