X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JayWood
    The Professor
    • Jul 2002

It has been a long time since I have had this much fun being a Bills fan. With a win on Sunday, and we cannot look past the Bungals, we will be 8-8 a HUGE improvement from last season. The defense has shown signs of progress over the last month, with a few more players they will be a force.
    The offense, what can I say it was so much fun to watch them, but at the same time very frustrating. next season I really hope that KG creates an offense around the 4th best rusher in the league, TH. The OL needs work but it was encouraging to see them work as a unit and with a little more seasoning they too will be ready to go.
    I think alot of us got our hopes up to much early on this season, and there is nothing wrong with that. After a few years of some pathetic football, you can see the fire and determination back in the eyes of both the players and the fans. Lets end the 2002 season with a big win at the "Ralph" Then get ready for an exciting offseason!!! TD its time to get to work, 3 years was deal, 11-5 or 12-4 next season and the playoffs here we come!!!
    When you are at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on tight!!!

Comment

• shelby
      The Vanilla *****
      • Jul 2002

i was hoping for 9-7....but i am pleased overall with our season. We need to solidify our D and let Henry run {a LOT} more.....but it sure beats 3-13.

Comment

• Typ0
        honey pie
        • Jul 2002

At the beginning of the season I probably would have said 8-8 is allright for this year but right now I am not happy about the season at all. There were too many opportunities squandered for me to be happy. I'm not down on the team just a bit disappointed we didn't make it to the playoffs when we had our chances to get there. Six weeks ago we were tied for the lead in the division. In that time we have gotten pummelled by New England twice (they have proven they are fallable on many occasions) the Jets once and failed to win against KC and GB even though their teams did not want to win those games. Everybody has a bad game no big deal. But when these types of things are on the line you have to answer the bell more. That's why we didn't make the playoffs...we didn't answer the bell enough.

Mostly it was our offense who gave up on us down the stretch too which makes me even more unhappy. If we were just getting outscored I could say oh well our defense needs some work. They really stepped up to the plate at times and it was the offenses inability to score that hurt us. That being said, I hope they get their acts together and come back better and stronger next season I can't wait until week one. Next season is going to be a new life for the Bills we haven't experienced here in four years. There's a lot of reason for optimism about our abilities next year. This year I would have to say we tread into areas we weren't supposed to but blew it once we got there. The problem is there were too many losses that could have been turned into wins.

Comment

• Voltron
          • Jul 2002

I am extremely pleased with this season. It was fun to sit down and watch the buffalo bills play again. I actually looked forward to even the tough games cause I knew that we could be in it if we made less mistakes. The Bills are young team. People seem to forget that we are one of the youngest teams in the NFL. I think that KG needs to rethink this pass happy offense but I don't see it happening. He never did it anywhere else so why start here.

We need a good DL to help Pat Williams out. That man I feel was pissed on by the pro bowl picks. He single handedly made OL look bad in many situations and has a motor that is nonstop. We have that guy from Tampa. His name escapes me at this moment. I think if we can some how get Spikes, and maybe draft another safety and CB our D will be much better next year.

I am not sure what to do about the OL. It seems decent but it is missing 1 more solid player. Not a superstar as we have 2 in Ruben and Big Mike just some one solid.

I think that we can cast off Riemersma. His contract is killing us and this is not a good offense for him. Dave Moore has proven he is a capable starter.

Drew Drew Drew …. Man I hope you can cast off these demons you seem to have taken on towards the end of the year and become the QB I saw in the beginning of the season. He still broke a lot of records this year and whether you like him or not he is here to stay so get used to it. Mark my words Drew will retire a Bill.
          Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
          - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
          -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
          - Mark Twain

Comment

• TigerJ
            • Jul 2002

Pleased? Not exactly. I predicted 9-7, but I consider that 8-8 represents a huge step in the right direction. At the same time I believe that the Bills lost several games this year that they could have/should have won. I have not been one to call for GW's head and I'm not going to start now, but it is every bit as incumbent on the coaching staff to make smarter decisions and prepare better as it is for the players to improve. I would say I'm somewhat satisfied that the Bills are moving in the right direction if they finish 8-8. A loss vs Cincinnati and I'm dissapointed. At 9-7 I would have been content, and at 10-6 I would have been very pleased.
            I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• HotRod
              Addicted to squares...
              • Oct 2002

We're going in the right direction... and I'm alot happier than last year.

Comment

• The_Philster
                • Jul 2002

We swept the Fish. How could we not be pleased when we do that?
                The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• TigerJ
                  • Jul 2002

That's one real highlight, Philster. That made me happy.
                  I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
                  X