X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Canadian'eh!
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by TheBrownBear
    Or maybe he recognizes crappy play and a crappy player when he sees one.

Criqui or wahtever and tasker are the worstteam at CBS. they ave been brutal all year. I don't give 2 craps what either of them say.

Comment

• cordog
      eat, drink, and be merry
      • Apr 2003

Originally posted by mybills
      looked like a mix of snow & rain
      it sure was, and it was pretty nasty out there. Very wet. McGahee and Green both fumbled a couple of times.

Comment

• Dozerdog
        In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mybills
        looked like a mix of snow & rain
        Crappiest weather yet this season- and there was a lot of crappy weather this year.

The folks on both sides of Yle and me left at the half, we left after it hit 27-7.

Interesting comments about the color commentary. I listened to AVP on the radio during the game, and being there, you see a hell of a lot more beyond the eye of the TV camera.

Early on, the Brown's CB Henry was daring the Bills to throw to Moulds early. One on one coverage, and Henry played nose to nose vs Moulds. One slip, and Moulds is wide open with half the field to play with.

Early on, AVP said "When you see that, you got to check out of whatever play it is and go for it with Moulds". The Bills did, but because Moulds could not hold on to a couple, and could not get seperation, Bledsoe tossed a few away. Bledsoe tried to get Henry to bite on pump fakes to spring Moulds, and that didn't work. That Henry guy had a hell of a day.

When everyone was dropping the ball due to slick snow/rain conditions- (Sure handed McGahee and Clements) the Bills eventually just went with a very conservative approach.

The stat I liked was the final score.... 37-7. wheather he got 100 yards or 500 yards is irrelivant- we won. If there were no mistakes, it should have been 50-7 easliy.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Dozerdog
          Crappiest weather yet this season- and there was a lot of crappy weather this year.

The folks on both sides of Yle and me left at the half, we left after it hit 27-7.

Interesting comments about the color commentary. I listened to AVP on the radio during the game, and being there, you see a hell of a lot more beyond the eye of the TV camera.

Early on, the Brown's CB Henry was daring the Bills to throw to Moulds early. One on one coverage, and Henry played nose to nose vs Moulds. One slip, and Moulds is wide open with half the field to play with.

Early on, AVP said "When you see that, you got to check out of whatever play it is and go for it with Moulds". The Bills did, but because Moulds could not hold on to a couple, and could not get seperation, Bledsoe tossed a few away. Bledsoe tried to get Henry to bite on pump fakes to spring Moulds, and that didn't work. That Henry guy had a hell of a day.

When everyone was dropping the ball due to slick snow/rain conditions- (Sure handed McGahee and Clements) the Bills eventually just went with a very conservative approach.

The stat I liked was the final score.... 37-7. wheather he got 100 yards or 500 yards is irrelivant- we won. If there were no mistakes, it should have been 50-7 easliy.
          I disagree, we should've won 50-0 :)

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
            I disagree, we should've won 50-0 :)
            the mistake that led to the Cleveland TD was caused by the Special Teams.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Ebenezer
              Give me a minute...
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
              It was that wonderful mix of snow and wet "not really rain but not snow" that melts as soon as it hits everything and the temp was about 35...makes for cold and wet...that is why, during the Kelly days, players used to talk about just having it cold (under 30) and snowy, that way you might be cold but things aren't wet.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• bills_fan_atic
                • May 2003

C'mon. He was 12/27 (44%) for 100 YDS, 1 TD, 1 INT, and 1 FUM against a 22nd ranked D. What's not to like? -Mr. Cynical

Actually sir, 12/27 passing is just above 50%

The stat I liked was the final score.... 37-7. Whether he got 100 yards or 500 yards is irrelivant- we won. If there were no mistakes, it should have been 50-7 easliy. -Dozer Dog

Smartest post thus far. In the end, that is all that really matters. The thing about the fans that a select few call "The Drew Love Crew" is that it is not that those people are oblivious to his sometimes crappy play, it is more that he is our best and only option at this point, and some of us feel the need to rally around him. Furthermore, there is also no need to try and attach every single mistake the team makes onto Drew. Yesterday we saw a perfect example of Mould 1-1 with a relative unknown corner, Drew takes a chance and heaves up a ball expecting that his star receiver (everyone talks about how strong and how great he is) is going to get it 9 of 10 times, and Moulds dropped it... I don't see anyone complaining about that. The receivers drop balls and it is still Drew's fault.

I personally am not a lover or a hater. One week I'm like "Drew kicks ass" and the next time I'm like "that sorry piece of, good for nothing mother, stupid ass...

Comment

• BAM
                  • Sep 2003

Originally posted by bills_fan_atic
                  Actually sir, 12/27 passing is just above 50%

Comment

• Bulldog
                    Top Dog
                    • Jan 2003

Tasker was great as a player, but he really sucks as an announcer. And no, I'm not just saying that because he was critical of Bledsoe. I think that he tries so hard to not sound like a homer when he is announcing the Bills games, that he's over critical of almost everything Buffalo does.
                    I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• bills_fan_atic
                      • May 2003

Originally posted by BAM
                      Ooops!

Ok I had just woken up...

What a dumb ass!

Comment

Working...
                      X