X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Typ0
    honey pie
    • Jul 2002

If the punt landed on the 1 I would be complaining and so would everyone else. We needed to score and they still would have marched down and scored from the 1.

That Indy game was horrible. I drove all the way there to see that pathetic performance. At least they deliver beer to your seat in that stadium. Rob Johnson didn't finish the game....as if you couldn't have guessed that.

Comment

• Judge
      • Aug 2002

Rob Johnson's stat line for that infamous MNF game against the Colts:

12-22 for 188 yards, 2 INT, 0 TD, Sacked-yards lost : 9-42; Fumbles lost: Buffalo (Rob Johnson).

That was the worst QB performance ever by a Bill in my opinion- he made Joe Dufek look like Joe Montana.

And Scott wonders why I can't stand RJ- look at that!

Wade did commit the cardinal sin in that game- what he did make's GW's gaffe look minimal. Wade ruined the season. GW made a blunder- a major mistake, but the Bills' season isn't over as a result.:
      Last edited by Judge; 11-08-2002, 04:59 PM.
      Argue like hell. Keep it clean. And when it's over, shake hands and root for our team!

Comment

• shelby
        The Vanilla *****
        • Jul 2002

i still don't like GW.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
          short bus extraordinaire
          • Jul 2002

tough call.i can't vote either way.

could you repeat the question?
          Originally posted by yordad
          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• northernbillfan
            Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

Had to go with the 4th and 2.

A 17-14 game, or 17-10 would have changed the pace of that game, and the rest of the year.
            When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• Judge
              • Aug 2002

Originally posted by northernbillfan
              Had to go with the 4th and 2.

A 17-14 game, or 17-10 would have changed the pace of that game, and the rest of the year.
              I disagree that the entire course of the rest of the year has been necessarily changed as a result of that call- no guarantee that the Bills would have scored or then won that game, and the Bills are hardly eliminated as a result of the loss.

Wade's demoralizing comments led to a flat Bills performance and elimination from the playoffs. Big difference.
              Argue like hell. Keep it clean. And when it's over, shake hands and root for our team!

Comment

• Typ0
                honey pie
                • Jul 2002

I don't know about that Judge. Certainly we may not have scored...we may have thrown an INT returned for a TD who knows. But in that situation you have to make the call. Period. Not going to get too much into the situation, but a punt there ends the game and sends a message to the players.

Wade had been demoralizing the team all season. They just plain sucked because he was a loser and Pendry was six times the loser Fade was. They weren't going anywhere that season.

Comment

• Judge
                  • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Typ0
                  I don't know about that Judge. Certainly we may not have scored...we may have thrown an INT returned for a TD who knows. But in that situation you have to make the call. Period. Not going to get too much into the situation, but a punt there ends the game and sends a message to the players.

Wade had been demoralizing the team all season. They just plain sucked because he was a loser and Pendry was six times the loser Fade was. They weren't going anywhere that season.
                  In 2000? W/ all due respect, did you watch the team that year? They were 7-4 at 1 point. They had a killer top-rate defense. That MNF game was a playoff game. The team was much better than you say.

That team was a legitimate playoff contender.

Comment

• Typ0
                    honey pie
                    • Jul 2002

Yes. I went to 13 games that season and I was usually watching.

Bottom line, Fade sidestepped the Flutie Johnson thing and it hurt the team bad. He sucked. I don't care they had a 7-4 record they were in complete dissarray and those teams always fall apart in late november/december. That team was very talented. Phillips was ridding the wave of some damn good talent. If we had a better coach we would have won the superbowl the year before. 2000 just started to make it clear to everyone how much of a loser HC Phillips was. He should have hit Pendry over the head with a baseball bat as he was ushering him out the door some of the stupid crap he was pulling. Instead, he sticks up for his coaches. Next.

Comment

• The_Philster
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Judge

In 2000? W/ all due respect, did you watch the team that year? They were 7-4 at 1 point. They had a killer top-rate defense. That MNF game was a playoff game. The team was much better than you say.

That team was a legitimate playoff contender.
                      HAD a killer top-rate defense at one point. They lost a lot when Carpenter, Cowart, and Rogers went down...Cowart to a cheap shot by Bucs G (currently with the Raiders) Frank Middleton. We were also without Hansen and Winfield at the time. With those losses, it's no surprise we went 1-4 the rest of the way.
                      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

Working...
                      X