X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • juice
    • Aug 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy
    No you were the one who brought it up about there was no comparison, all I did was show you that your statement was quite false and the 4 compare relatively well. What reese has done thus far to hurt his chances of making the team are simple. The answer is nothing. He hasnt done anything yet in 2 seasons. Id rather have PP playing FS than Reese atleast with PP I know what Im getting. Reese is always a question mark. I not only think Baker makes the squad but that he beats out Reese eventually for the starting roll, assuming Vincent doesnt continue to **** the bed.
    No Ryjam bought it up then you tried to prove his point for him, which is not possible because your comparing two potntial Pro Bowlers to a practice squad player.. I just bought up how rediculous you guys comparison was.

Reese plays solid.. you may need to watch closely and not listen to fellow posters.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

I think your the one who has to watch closesly. Never in 2 years has Reese made any INT's. What do you want from a FS? I sure as hell want some INT's.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• juice
        • Aug 2003

I think your the one who has to watch closesly. Never in 2 years has Reese made any INT's. What do you want from a FS? I sure as hell want some INT's.
        In this defense I could live with not getting beat deep, the Key is the role that is needed in THIS DEFENSE.

INT.s are a result of pressure being applied to the QB more than it is aggressive FS Play. Follow me?

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Nope :). Look at our team we cant put pressure on the QB therefor we need to compensate with aggressive FS play. Follow me?
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• juice
            • Aug 2003

Nope :). Look at our team we cant put pressure on the QB therefor we need to compensate with aggressive FS play. Follow me?
            Aggressive FS play is also known as getting your Rookies Toasted.. Its up to the D-Coordinator to put in some Blitzs or stunts that will create the pressure.

How many teams have FS's that end up with a large # of Int.s that change the teams season for the Better.. FS is the last line of D-Fense you maybe want your SS to get the picks and then if he misses the FS is there to make the tackle not a FS that takes risks.

I've never heard of a Playoff team and a top Three Defense that couldn't pressure the QB.

Comment

• HenryRules
              • Jul 2002

Haven't seen a game, so my opinions on this are worth about zilch, but I'd like to see Baker get some starts in preseason to see if its just a case of playing against the second team or if he's really that good.

i've been really impressed by everything I've heard though and hope that he can finallky be the solution at FS.

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

i noticed that coy wire did work with the 1st defense some in this last game..

he was not bad.. he got beat on a long pass to calico.. but i guarentee that he was not supposed to be the one covering him alone.. and he we right with him.
                "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

but i am not implying that wire should start.. before anyone says that i am.. maybe just that he is getting better.
                  "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• BADTHINGSMAN
                    • Oct 2002

Baker surely is physical, I was cringing when I saw Baker hit Watts in the Denver game.. I think Reese will be the starter still..

Comment

• Sennsai
                      • Aug 2002

I think it's a good move for everyone that Wire was moved back to SS.
                      I do not give the " Baker is a rookie, he'll get burnt" line any credit. Everyone is raving about him. He played FS 4 years in college, he knows the position, he shouldn't get burnt if he's THAT good.
                      Wire was burnt a few times as a rookie and everyone jumped on it, even though Wire never had any coverage experience.. ever.
                      Don't make excuses now for Baker if he doesn't do the job well.

I guess we forget that EVERYONE gets burnt at times. How little do we forget. Selective memory is rampant on the board.
                      " It happened before, it will happen again. It's just a question of when."

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by juice
                        You dont want a rookie starting at FS and you dont always want a "Playmaker" especially one who has no experience, Those attempts at making the "Big Play" are going to lead to him getting Burned and called for Penalties more often than a Veteran who knows his Role.

Role players can be as important a part of a cohesive unit as the Playmakers, its the effective use of both that leads to a top Defense.
                        Tell that to John Fox, He should never have started Julius Peppers.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• juice
                          • Aug 2003

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                          Tell that to John Fox, He should never have started Julius Peppers.
                          Peppers at FS?

Comment

• Tatonka
                            • Jul 2002

Peppers at FS?
                            are you a rocket scientist?

Comment

• juice
                              • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
                              are you a rocket scientist?
                              No a VT Grad. Are you a HIGHLY paid Anal-Lyst?

Comment

• BlueFire
                                • Jun 2003

No Ryjam bought it up then you tried to prove his point for him, which is not possible because your comparing two potntial Pro Bowlers to a practice squad player.. I just bought up how rediculous you guys comparison was.

Reese plays solid.. you may need to watch closely and not listen to fellow posters.
                                Originally posted by ryjam
                                I wasn't comparing at all in terms of skill. Simply stating that they all have similar experience at the position. Now, as far as FSU goes, I think I could go and start at FSU at safety cause they suck. However, I know I could not go to Miami and start cause the Canes are that damn good...
                                What don't you understand about that first line? He said NOTHING about the imapct they'd make being comparable, in fact he simply stated that he wasn't comparing them at all in terms of skill, and neither was Draftboy, yet you continued to argue against them being similar in skill/impact on the team, which wasn't at all what they were discussing.

Comment

Working...
                                X