Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TigerJ
    • Jul 2002

I think maybe the most critical part of that story had to do with concerns over team morale if its star RB from the last two years were to be traded. That's why I don't think it will happen before the season. Some people dismiss morale as a factor, but I think TD does take it into account. If a trade happens, I think it happens next spring, and more than likely during the draft itself.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
      short bus extraordinaire
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
      Henry for Gallery
      that would be TOO sweet.
      Originally posted by yordad
      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• juice
        • Aug 2003

Originally posted by TigerJ
        I think maybe the most critical part of that story had to do with concerns over team morale if its star RB from the last two years were to be traded. That's why I don't think it will happen before the season. Some people dismiss morale as a factor, but I think TD does take it into account. If a trade happens, I think it happens next spring, and more than likely during the draft itself.
        Too many risks for the organization to wait..RB controversy, Fumblitis, Injury, Drastic drop in #'s, Deep draft class.. all risks that we take with Henry after the season starts.

Way to many risks.. just bring in a capable backup for WM.

I seriously dought if TH and WM will be able to co-exist on the same team splitting carries.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• juice
          • Aug 2003

Originally posted by juice
          The same thing that would happen if DB went down.. you bring in a capable 2nd.. Hamrick from Dallas I think was released.
          We need to talk to the two time SB champ Antoine Smith.. we know he could function as at least a quality backup. After leading his former team to two SB.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• LABillsFan
            • Aug 2002

It won't happen this year. But looking into the future it is a possiblity. TD is setting this team up: Losman, Euhus Peters, McGahee andEvans, all of these players will be developing together much like the core of the Bills in the 90's. Whether they can accomplish the same is unknown, but I really don't see Henry in the mix when the reigns are turned over. Does anybody see Simonton as a capable #2?
            I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

• thefixer74
              Member of the Official Drew Bledsoe Truce!
              • Apr 2004

The same thing that would happen if DB went down.. you bring in a capable 2nd.. Hamrick from Dallas I think was released.

You want to get rid of T.Hen and replace him with Hambrick not smart.What the hell is wrong with having two good backs?
              To the world you might be one person,but to one person you might be the world.

Comment

• thefixer74
                Member of the Official Drew Bledsoe Truce!
                • Apr 2004

We need to talk to the two time SB champ Antoine Smith.. we know he could function as at least a quality backup. After leading his former team to two SB.
                And he didn't lead them to both SBs,coaching,there D,and Brady's screen passes was why the won 2 SBs.
                To the world you might be one person,but to one person you might be the world.

Comment

• IHateTheDullphins
                  New and Improved!!
                  • Aug 2003

This thread is rediculous, along with the other hundred or so of these.
                  Leads? Yeah, sure. I'll...uh...just check with the boys down at the crimelab. Yeah, they got four more detectives on the case....we're working in shifts!"

Comment

• HAMMER
                    I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                    • Jul 2003

Henry for Gallery? Hell yeah! Henry for just about anything else? Hell no!

Comment

• TigerJ
                      • Jul 2002

I think Ken Simonton is a third back, the kind of guy you stick in when you really want to change things up and confuse the defence. He's not necessairily the guy II'd turn to if the starter is injured.
                      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                        Maybe?
                        • Oct 2003

What in the world does Oakland have that we need? No way we are getting Gallery for Henry. If Al makes that trade then I'll be on the next flight out there with some Kansas beachfront property to sell him.

I just don't see any player trades happening with Oakland. Draft trades maybe....in fact, Oakland is likely to suck again this year so if by some miracle we could get our '05 #1 back that'd be awesome. But I don't see them doing that either so I really don't think this is going to happen.

Comment

• elltrain22
                          • Sep 2003

I love Travis, and I really want to see him stay, but if Willis is the real thing, and he has a good season, then I say move him. Moving him now I think would be silly, b/c we simply don't know how Willis will perform yet.
                          If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• Marvelous
                            • Feb 2004

What scares me is That WM has yet to prove that he can make it in the NFL, or that he can stay healthy.
                            Henry is our best player now that Moulds had a down year and is aging.
                            I don't get why Bills fan would want to trade Henry.
                            GO BILLS!!! NE
                            Magical Trevor

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by LABillsFan
                              It won't happen this year. But looking into the future it is a possiblity. TD is setting this team up: Losman, Euhus Peters, McGahee andEvans, all of these players will be developing together much like the core of the Bills in the 90's. Whether they can accomplish the same is unknown, but I really don't see Henry in the mix when the reigns are turned over. Does anybody see Simonton as a capable #2?

I see Nick Maddox as more of a #2 back then Ken Simonton but both have the skills to produce. On the flip side both are also smallish. I would like to keep Henry for this year bc there are still too many unknowns about Willis. Plus IF we make the playoffs we can increase his trade value by showing he can produce in the playoffs always a bonus with a RB. I see Willis as 100% physically its more of the mental that im more concerned with. If he can get it into his head that his knee is back and he has full form again then I say he breaks out. If not oh well, a wasted 1st rounder, not like we havent ever done that before.

Henry and McGahee in 04!
                              Henry or McGahee in 05!
                              COMING SOON...
                              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Dantheman1280
                                I am the Man!
                                • Mar 2004

WHAT THE ****, if we move Henry I will be very PISSED. He was the only reason we were in any games offensively. They didnt give him the ball in key situations, het still runs for over 1,000 on A ****IN BROKEN LEG. Now you people want to dump him for an unproven back with a bad history of knee problems. EVERY ONE WHO WANTS TO TRADE HENRY AT THIS POINT IS ON DRUGS!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X