We won ugly. It could be worse! A lot worse!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ParanoidAndroid
    My battery is low and it's getting dark.
    • Apr 2004

Re: We won ugly. It could be worse! A lot worse!

There's no way the offense should be this bad.

We need someone to come here and put it together this off-season.

We need a legit OC with a legit playbook and who can take Josh to his potential.

Comment

• Mad Max
      Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
      Are you saying I'm being realistic to say our resident realist will give the Bills no chance to beat Miami?
      You sir are being indubitably realistic. Undoubtedly so.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

4 turnovers should be an annihilation. The last two games were not impressive.

As far as the Fish, who knows? Maybe they respond strongly, maybe they’re mentally defeated after more bad losses in December. But, never count out the Bills’ propensity for epic failure. They’ve mostly owned the Fish in the Allen era. Losing to them and missing the playoffs would fit the Bills’ MO.
        Last edited by OpIv37; 12-31-2023, 07:58 PM.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mad Max
          Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
          4 turnovers should be an annihilation. The last two games were not impressive.

As far as the Fish, who knows? Maybe they respond strongly, maybe they’re mentally defeated after more bad losses in December. But, never count out the Bills’ propensity for epic failure. They’ve mostly owned the Fish in the Allen era. Losing to them and missing the playoffs would fit the Bills’ O.
          There he is! Good job buddy, and thank you. Keep up the good work, we’re all counting on you.

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Mad Max View Post
            There he is! Good job buddy, and thank you. Keep up the good work, we’re all counting on you.
            That was actually a well thought out, reasonable post that wasn’t completely anti Bills. And he’s not wrong in anything he said
            I came.
            I saw.
            I conquered.

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid View Post

We need a legit OC with a legit playbook and who can take Josh to his potential.
              Maybe it's Josh and not the OC.

And the teams I worry about are Miami, KC and Cleveland. I'm not comfortable playing any of them, but I would feel a little bit better if it was at home.

Gotta get there first, thanks for nothing Pitts and Jax.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Typ0
                honey pie
                • Jul 2002

Next week will be a shootout. Maybe the D can generate turnovers but I don't see them being able to shut down MIA from yards.

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
                  • Feb 2009

Opian logic says when a team beats another team several times in a row.. the losing team will continue to lose to the team that routinely beats them... the bills have won the last 3 games against the phins... so why isn't Opiv guaranteeing a bills win?

Comment

• Kenny
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid View Post

Our offense hasnt looked right for a long time now. Sure we've had a few good outputs here and there, but either the NFL has figured Josh out, or it's something else. It's like night and day with this Bills offense after the KC win last year. For the most part, our offense has sputtered since that bye week.

Comment

• Novacane
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                      Maybe it's Josh and not the OC.

And the teams I worry about are Miami, KC and Cleveland. I'm not comfortable playing any of them, but I would feel a little bit better if it was at home.

Gotta get there first, thanks for nothing Pitts and Jax.
                      It's a lot more on Josh than I thought it was 2 months ago. I did not want to accept it but there is probably truth to the gossip that Josh does not prepare like the great QB's did. That's arrogant. Or dumb.

Comment

• Mad Max
                        Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
                        That was actually a well thought out, reasonable post that wasn’t completely anti Bills. And he’s not wrong in anything he said
                        He spoke some truth you’re right. He gets my thanks for not flipping his script and going positive…and thereby certainly dooming us.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Ginger Vitis View Post
                          Opian logic says when a team beats another team several times in a row.. the losing team will continue to lose to the team that routinely beats them... the bills have won the last 3 games against the phins... so why isn't Opiv guaranteeing a bills win?
                          That would assume that the only factor is recent head to head record. There are more factors to consider.

But like I said, I don’t know. Sometimes teams respond to an annihilation by coming out guns blazing. Sometimes it demoralizes them and they come out flat. I have no clue how Miami will respond.

I do know this: if Miami turns the ball over 4x and somehow it’s still a one score game, we will lose. NE is a bad team used to losing. They see “we turned it over 4 times.” Miami is used to winning. If they turn it over 4 times and they’re only down by one score, their mentality will be “we can still win this.”

We have to be better to beat the Fish. And we have to beat the Fish because the WC scenarios are not likely if we lose.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mad Max
                            Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                            It's a lot more on Josh than I thought it was 2 months ago. I did not want to accept it but there is probably truth to the gossip that Josh does not prepare like the great QB's did. That's arrogant. Or dumb.
                            Man. I don’t know. I hope I’m completely off base but I am beginning to feel this dood just might not be able to maintain the poise necessary to achieve true greatness.

Look at the demeanors of Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Montana, Kelly, Marino.

they all had a relative calmness under fire…Josh? not so much.

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Man. I don’t know. I hope I’m completely off base but I am beginning to feel this dood just might not be able to maintain the poise necessary to achieve true greatness.

Look at the demeanors of Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Montana, Kelly, Marino.

The thing about all those guys though: they trusted the talent around them. Allen doesn’t.

Maybe that’s cuz the talent isn’t there. Maybe it’s cuz Allen isn’t used to having talent around him and can’t get past the mentality that he has to do everything himself. Maybe he’s just arrogant and wants all the stats and credit.

The reason doesn’t really matter though. The results won’t change until Allen Christ’s his teammates.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Novacane
                                • Jul 2002

He's made so many 4th Q drives to win games though. He seems better under fire honestly. It's the dumb **** that he does when the pressure isn't as high that creates the real pressure situations that he usually delivers in.

Comment

Working...
                                X