• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SpikedLemonade
    • Jun 2024

Re: Bills Brethren -- We Must Accept that Sammy Watkins is a Bust

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
    and we knew he was injury prone at the time of the draft? it was supposed to help EJ at the time develop faster. EJ is a bust. the two first rounds remains an irritating point, it was a swap of first and then next year's first. in retrospect, it was awful to trade that. at the time, it was questionable, but if his durability wasn't a question, I think we'd be happy we had him. I would agree with wagon that those trade ups are rarely a good idea for non qbs. but the other wildcard is that draft year ended up being a great WR class. but WR is often the position that busts the most in the first round. so to take the second graded WR in the draft in beckham, the same people who hate this trade could have potentially been *****ing about how first round WR in general tend to bust with the exception of the very best one in any given class. I see the point of being disappointed, but its hardly the main issue why our team can't reliably move the ball down the field on any given sunday.

Trap still rhymes with crap.

Who said that Sammy being a bust was the reason our team is perpetual suck?
    Last edited by Guest; 11-30-2016, 12:23 PM.

Comment

• trapezeus
      Legendary Zoner
      • Oct 2004

post another useless video that no one watches.

Comment

• trapezeus
        Legendary Zoner
        • Oct 2004

almost everytime spiked puts his solid thought down, the exact opposite happens. so I would watch for Watkins to have a stellar 5 weeks to close out the season. I guess we can thank spiked and his 100% guarantee that the bills would leave buffalo.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
          • Jun 2024

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
          post another useless video that no one watches.

Here is one that is useful for you in particular you POS....

Comment

• X-Era
            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
            • Feb 2005

James Hardy was a bust. Sammy Watkins is not.

Injuries happen unfortunately. While I do think that not producing on the field at the level commensurate with the picks paid to get a player due to injury can qualify a player as a bust, I don't think Sammy can truly be labeled one yet.

When on the field Sammy is a very solid producer at his position.

To date, Sammy has an average yards per catch of 16.2 for his career
            He ranked 7th in the league last year with 17.5
            He was 19th in 2014 with 15.2.
            In 2015 he was 12th in the league in yards per game with 80.5.

However, he has to be on the field to produce. The injuries cannot be overlooked.

Put it this way, The Bills don't throw the ball much in this run heavy offense so Sammy Watkins is not our problem. If we do throw the ball and Sammy is on the field I'm glad that we have him.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
              Making Spirits Bright
              • Mar 2006

I don't know why we're complaining about Sammy's lack of numbers when we have a QB whose win percentage significantly drops when he throws for more yards. Sammy must know this and is doing what he can to help the team.

< 215 yards - Tyrod is 12-2
              > 215 yards - Tyrod is 2-9

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                • Sep 2012

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
                It depends, as you if go with the perfect situation of keeping our pick and drafting Beckham and then using the 4th on say player X in Round 4 and then used our 2015 1st Rounder on Carr. Then yes it was poor value but if you look at what the Browns acquired in the trade (a CB they traded to Pittsburgh) a S that has only started 1 season and an oft injured OL than it was a great value. In retrospect, I think it was a fair trade but admit at the time of it I was very upset.
                Carr was in the 2014 draft, the same as Watkins./ 2015 was the Jameis Winston draft. Unless you mean a trade up (with who?), that's wasn't an option.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• Arm of Harm
                  • Dec 2015

It's hard for a WR to live up to his 4th overall draft slot when he's on a team with no QB. Especially when that team appears to be less interested in passing the ball than any other team in the NFL.

Comment

Working...
                  X