X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Meathead
    Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
    • Jul 2002

Re: So the Eagles sign Demarco Murray ...

both murray and mccoy are probably going to deliver killer seasons for the next two years and then drop off

the bills didnt think kiko was a match for their defense and needed a really good back to take pressure off ej

the eagles needed defenders and since they ended up with murray they basically got kiko for free

would been nice if the bills had been able to sign murray instead and flipped kiko for something else, maybe bradford or foles. but it is what it is
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Ingtar33
      Dances With Buffaloes
      • Sep 2002

first of all Murray barely can stay on the field. last year was his first relatively healthy season. this is why the cowgirls weren't so keen on him. Second, look at NFL history. not a single 500 rush attempt back finished his next season with 1000 yards. most didn't even finish the next year.
      My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• USC_Gamecock
        • Sep 2004

400 carries last season -- not good for RB's, historically ....

Comment

• Kenny
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
          Chip is insane. He signs RB's Murray and Matthews for far more $$ at the RB position. McCoy must have said something to piss him off.

His off-season moves so far ( Bradford ? Really ? ) make no sense.
          Tell me about it... You have Murray, Matthews, Sproles, and Polk in one position and all signed and counting for over $20mm in cap space.
          But they let Maclin go, and have Riley Cooper as their main WR?

Comment

• Oaf
            Do you read what you write?
            • Jun 2007

Should we have signed Murray and kept Kiko, rather than end up with just McCoy?

Comment

• EDS
              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
              Tell me about it... You have Murray, Matthews, Sproles, and Polk in one position and all signed and counting for over $20mm in cap space.
              But they let Maclin go, and have Riley Cooper as their main WR?
              I think most would agree that Jordan Matthews is now their number one WR. For sure they need another couple.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by bdutton View Post
                Worth it.
                Is he? Murray is a bit of an injury risk as last year was the first of his 4 NFL seasons he played more than 14 games whereas Shady's done that 5 of his 6 seasons.

Comment

• Night Train
                  Retired - On Several Levels
                  • Jul 2005

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
                  Well the Eagles does get Kiko if you remember. ILB is a crying need for them.
                  Too bad he's an OLB in reality. Can't take the pounding inside, as we found out after half a season in 2013.
                  Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                    • Jul 2002

Chip is insane. He signs RB's Murray and Matthews for far more $$ at the RB position. McCoy must have said something to piss him off.

His off-season moves so far ( Bradford ? Really ? ) make no sense.
                    They make perfect sense. He replaced 2 players he didn't like in his system with 4 players he thinks are better fits. For whatever reason he felt that Shady wasn't right for him. So he trades him & gets a LB he loves from his college days & replaces him free of charge (except salary) with a two headed monster at RB which should protect the team if Murray gets hurt while at the same time reducing Murray's chances of getting hurt because his workload won't be near what it was in Dallas. Then he trades a guy he wasn't that sure of in Foles (who BTW was also hurt last year & missed significant time) for a much more talented player, even with the injury risk, in Bradford. He knows Sanchez can step in if Bradford gets hurt & might still have a mad scheme to get Mariotta.
                    If I was an Eagles fan I'd be pretty happy with the 2 trades, thinking I haven't lost anything in production & upgraded backup RB & LB.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                      • Aug 2004

Too bad he's an OLB in reality. Can't take the pounding inside, as we found out after half a season in 2013.
                      Maybe, but he may be able to spell someone else to go to the middle.

I see both sides of this trade. And would admit Rex would be much better than any of us to judge his talent - heck he could very well asked his buddy Pettine who had Kiko directly under his watch the last time he played. The thing I see Kiko different from any other Bills players is his instincts. When he played, his is fastest guy on the field, not on physical speed, but knowing what's going on. Sometimes that leads to him over run plays when the attacker has the option to cut back etc.

Ray Lewis was drafted 22nd because he's not big enough. But he has unusual football instincts + leadership etc. If Kiko developed anywhere near Lewis' level, the Bills will regret.

Of course Rex had Lewis at the Ravens so he knows more of what Lewis is like than any of us. Plus the 2 ACL injuries to Kiko is a very legit concern. I would not be surprised that Whaley felt that he could draft another outstanding LB if we need to since that has been his specialty dating back to his Steelers days.
                      Last edited by ghz in pittsburgh; 03-13-2015, 11:01 AM.

Comment

• Oaf
                        Do you read what you write?
                        • Jun 2007

I still think Murray + Kiko is probably better than just McCoy. Besides, who's our third LB exactly now?

Comment

Working...
                        X