• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Historian
    2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
    • Dec 2002

Re: Great read on Greg Roman

Originally posted by jamze132 View Post
    I haven't been this excited about a Bills coach change since they canned Jauron!
    "Ohhhh....I love these guys....and I love this game..."

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by RedEyE View Post
      Belichick has a formula that wins. Granted a lot of it works because of Brady, but Belichick hammers home what works and forces defenses to find a fix - they haven't yet. Big receiving TEs. Stout interior line. Serviceable RBs that can pass block and receive but nothing special to right home about. And a blue collar slot receiver with speed and decent hands. With the exception of Brady, all of the other players are replaceable. One goes down he has 2 just like him on reserve....plug and play.

What I'm getting at is Belichick orchestrates the offense at its simplest form and focuses on preparation and exposing mismatches in the game. He doesn't get cute. When a play works he uses it again and again until the defense can finally show they can stop the bleeding. Its not rocket science. Its not unnecessary scheming. Its nickle and dime. Expose the weakness. It is execution as close to perfection as possible and not accepting anything less.
      Gronk is the straw that stirs the drink in that offense now. He's so outrageous that teams have to overcommit to stop him, and when they do Brady punishes them by finding the open guy. When they don't, Gronk beats them. When Gronk is out, that offense is beatable. I mean, obviously they weren't going full speed on us in Week 17, but with Gronk on the sidelines Brady was barely doing anything on us.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• better days
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
        Gronk is the straw that stirs the drink in that offense now. He's so outrageous that teams have to overcommit to stop him, and when they do Brady punishes them by finding the open guy. When they don't, Gronk beats them. When Gronk is out, that offense is beatable. I mean, obviously they weren't going full speed on us in Week 17, but with Gronk on the sidelines Brady was barely doing anything on us.
        Agreed, I was going to say the same thing.

Comment

• Strongman
          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
          It's called Brady.

Don't think the Pats will be as good once Brady is gone. Wouldn't be surprised if BB retires together with Brady.
          I think it's more this:

Comment

• Uncle Jesse
            • Sep 2004

EJ Manuel is 5-2 when he throws less than 30 times. Hello Greg Roman and his power run game

Comment

• Swiper
              Legendary Zoner
              • Sep 2010

49ers: Greg Roman tunes out his detractors

- - - Updated - - -

Booby Dixon has to be happy.

Comment

Working...
              X