• Show
Clear All
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Manuel proven to be fools gold

Originally posted by coastal View Post
    half baked drivel?

I think not. It was a valid thread and one that still has many people on this board questioning (even if quietly) the decision making that went into bringing this guy to OBD.

I see a guy who has a world of talent and ability, but the heart of paycheck collector.

he did enough this year to avoid the heavy criticism that was being directed his way. I'm sure my work on this subject contributed to his "production" this year. The simple reality is the guy takes large chunks of times off and doesn't play the game like a warrior. That's not someone I make the highest paid employee in the history of the organization.

There are two different frameworks for which decisions are made in NFL front offices... one is to improve the way the team functions on the field and one is to improve the financial performance of the team.

now I realize you can make a decision which is good for both and many of you will argue that Mario is a perfect example of that.

Last year had me convinced I was right. This year has done nothing to change that.

hes nice and all... but admittedly not a leader and not a warrior.

the guys pretty much a tool and I'm sure his teammates know it.

$100 million... everyone seems to agree he's not worth that... and in doing so... passively is agreeing with my assessment without the commitment of doing so. Kind of cowardly if you ask me.

I bet if it were Peyton Manning making that here, no one would have an issue.

The very essence of Fool's Gold and you all know it.
    LOL...

Kyle-"Hey, Mario...this dip-wad from Florida thinks you're an overpaid waste of a roster space. Check it out, it's right here on this message board on the intraweb that I read every day!"
    Mario-"OMG, dude...I better step up my game this year."
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

Hey! I played club football in college
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Raptor
        • Jan 2009

Fools gold? When did he ever look like gold?...the guy was mediocre at best in college and got carried by a great defense and skill players on offense that could turn his inaccurate passes into TD's every now and again

Comment

• Raptor
          • Jan 2009

half baked drivel?

I think not. It was a valid thread and one that still has many people on this board questioning (even if quietly) the decision making that went into bringing this guy to OBD.

I see a guy who has a world of talent and ability, but the heart of paycheck collector.

he did enough this year to avoid the heavy criticism that was being directed his way. I'm sure my work on this subject contributed to his "production" this year. The simple reality is the guy takes large chunks of times off and doesn't play the game like a warrior. That's not someone I make the highest paid employee in the history of the organization.

There are two different frameworks for which decisions are made in NFL front offices... one is to improve the way the team functions on the field and one is to improve the financial performance of the team.

now I realize you can make a decision which is good for both and many of you will argue that Mario is a perfect example of that.

Last year had me convinced I was right. This year has done nothing to change that.

$100 million... everyone seems to agree he's not worth that... and in doing so... passively is agreeing with my assessment without the commitment of doing so. Kind of cowardly if you ask me.

what a load of ****. I like how you assume the highest paid player on the team has to be the leader of the team...How long has Fred Jackson been the leader of this team and is no where near the top in salaries. he wasn't paid to be a leader no matter how many desperate attempts you make at trying to make that a valid argument. He's proven you wrong and you don't know enough about this game or how it works to see it

oh and one more thing,Jeremy Mincey....and no that name can not be brought up enough when on this topic because he is the symbol of just how much you don't know about this game. You would have to literally know nothing about football to think a player like Mincey would solve any issue on your team at any time

Comment

• coastal
            Legendary Zoner
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
            Hey! I played club football in college
            Who's the dip-wad now?

Comment

• pmoon6
              Legendary Zoner
              • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Thundering Buffalo View Post
              Big talk from someone named pmoon, remove your war paint and return to the stands! Let me guess the closest you've ever come to playing the game was inter murals in college, now you're a fricken gridiron mental midget
              Maybe we can arrange a game even now? I'll play on defense, you play on offense and we will see who wins.

Comment

• pmoon6
                Legendary Zoner
                • Dec 2002

Originally posted by DynaPaul View Post
                All of this losing has us fighting each other.
                Not really. What is the catalyst in the repartee is the fact that some don't understand even the simplest concepts of the game or life.

They tend to lash out when they don't get what they want or when someone disagrees with their position.

Besides, I am just as much to blame as anyone. The needle cuts deeply and some can't take it.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                  Unreachable Douche
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
                  Fools gold? When did he ever look like gold?...the guy was mediocre at best in college and got carried by a great defense and skill players on offense that could turn his inaccurate passes into TD's every now and again
                  He is what he was.
                  He was a huge gamble draft day that didn't payoff.
                  Nix wanted to Draft a QB on his way out the door, problem is he should of been out the door the year prior, and not have to reach for someone who still would have been there in the 3rd round.
                  The Bills were thinking Kaepernick while others were thinking Akili Smith.

Comment

• coastal
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
                    what a load of ****. I like how you assume the highest paid player on the team has to be the leader of the team.
                    ive worked in an organization where a staff employee somehow ended up making more money than every branch employee, including the Administrator. As in most workplaces... what that person makes leaks out.

people's expectations of that employee were that he should not only be proficient at his job, but he should also do things above and beyond what is normally required of someone in that position.

The employee did neither and it caused a lot of back biting and morale problems.

As far as your Fred Jackson "not being paid to be a leader but is anyways" reference... any employee at any level of an organization can be a leader in spite of what their position is or how much they make, so I guess your point doesn't really make any sense to me.
                    Last edited by coastal; 12-29-2013, 07:29 AM.

Comment

• Night Train
                      Retired - On Several Levels
                      • Jul 2005

I agree Manuel is a question mark.. but "Proven" fools gold ?

No rookie is proven after just a few NFL games to be good or bad.

Pmoon is right. There's a group here who's need to be right about players sucking is priority #1.
                      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• pmoon6
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                        I agree Manuel is a question mark.. but "Proven" fools gold ?

No rookie is proven after just a few NFL games to be good or bad.

Pmoon is right. There's a group here who's need to be right about players sucking is priority #1.
                        Like I said "ego driven". They want to critique like they are a part of the organization or they are Adam Shefter wannabes.

Highly amusing.

Comment

• Jry44
                          • Apr 2013

half baked drivel?

I'm still trying to figure out why in the world they signed Mario Williams to such a huge deal when they could have had Jeremy Mincy for 1/4 of Mario's deal!

Now that Jeremy Mincy has been tossed aside by one of the leagues worst teams, they can have him for cheaper. Meanwhile, Mario is collecting a pro bowl bonus.....

Comment

• Jry44
                            • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Thundering Buffalo View Post
                            Hey pmoon6 grow the "F" up if it's not your post or idea you bang on everyone who has a thought on this board grow up u POS. My point is Marrone knows how the NFL works he doesn't have time to wait for EJ to pull his head out so if it means getting another LEGIT QB to compete for the position on the field like it is with every other position that's the way it should be let the best man win the spot. Next time you want to be an ahole and spend your worthless life criticizing others... Don't bother responding!

So basically, you're suggesting drating a QB each year until we can find a ROOKIEaquarterback that can come in a play like a seasoned veteran? Good luck with that....

I understand that last season's rookies had some success right away, but look how they have regressed this season, aside from Russel Wilson. They take time to develop. Tossing a rookie aside after one damn season and constantly redrafting at that position is about the dumbest suggestion I have heard. Give him an of season! Hell, give him a full damn season before anointing him anything more or less than a rokkie QB that's still learning how to play the game at the highest level!

Comment

• coastal
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Jry44 View Post
                              I'm still trying to figure out why in the world they signed Mario Williams to such a huge deal when they could have had Jeremy Mincy for 1/4 of Mario's deal!

Now that Jeremy Mincy has been tossed aside by one of the leagues worst teams, they can have him for cheaper. Meanwhile, Mario is collecting a pro bowl bonus.....
                              Hey I'm not perfect in my assessments, but this argument is nothing more than a logical fallacy.

so suck sack.

Comment

• pmoon6
                                Legendary Zoner
                                • Dec 2002

Hey I'm not perfect in my assessments, but this argument is nothing more than a logical fallacy.

so suck sack.
                                HahaHa, but you still think you are or you wouldn't still constantly be beating the "Fools Gold" drum.

It's like throwing **** against the wall and hoping it will stick.

Speaking of ****, where did "Thundering Buffalo" go?

Comment

Working...
                                X