• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • psubills62
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2008

Re: Am I the only one who has doubts?

Originally posted by jamze132 View Post
    Oh I forgot, Marrone was the OC in NO when Brees was lighting **** up! Now I'm pumped up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sarcasm/
    Does that somehow not count?

Bill O'Brien was in the same position with Brady/Belichick. He didn't seem to run the offense, but he obviously took away a significant amount and his offense is quite potent (with a former walk-on at QB no less). Based on what Marrone ran at Syracuse, I'd say he learned quite a bit from his time at New Orleans.

If people want to rip Marrone for legit things, go ahead. The "college-ness" of the offense shouldn't be one of them. What about it specifically is the issue? Or is it just that he's "from a college team," so it must be a college offense?
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• better days
      • Jan 2010

Re: Am I the only one who has doubts?

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
      Just so you know, Pettine didn't routinely call the pays in NY either. Ryan let him for a stretch but didn't care for the results. Notice that Ryan wasn't exactly crying in his soup over Pettine's departure.

Doesn't seem as if anyone commenting on Pettine knew that he hardly ever called the D plays.

Does that alter your opinion any?
      Pettine called plays all of 2011. That year the Jets had more success than this year. In his end of year PC, Ryan said he wished Pettine well unless he went to BUFFALO. I am very happy with the Pettine hire myself.
      Last edited by better days; 01-22-2013, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X