Billy Cundiff Rushed His Kick Because Of An Error On The Gillette Stadium Scoreboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Re: Billy Cundiff Rushed His Kick Because Of An Error On The Gillette Stadium Scoreboard

Stupid kicker for missing a 32 yd kick. Stupid Harbaugh for not using his TO.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
      Unreachable Douche
      • Jul 2002

Re: Billy Cundiff Rushed His Kick Because Of An Error On The Gillette Stadium Scoreboard

I blame the kicker for missing the chip shot kick.

Comment

• PTI
        Banned
        • Jan 2011

I believe the whole thing, but Harbaugh should have called the TO, I was stunned by not him not taking it.

Comment

• Mski
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by utmhead
          The scorekeeper might have made a mistake, but the Ravens players also did not know the rule, they all thought it was a 1st down as well. IF the players don't know the rule, you expect some intern scoreboard operator to know it ???
          They had a time out use it and take a deep breath
          i find it next to impossible for the players to have not known the "cant advance by fumble" rule
          RIP Tommy D!
          12/25/1978-9/9/2008

If you make something "Idiot-proof", they'll only make better idiots!

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
            Hall of Fame Zoner
            • Jan 2010

the issue isnt blame the pats for the glitch, deliberate or not. we all know the kicker and coach are to blame here, 100%.

the 2nd issue which is different is the pats are actually cheating.

spygate
            weird formations on the sideline during punts to take out the gunner...
            this clock issue
            and god knows bill was trying something fishy in that last minute when we beat them this year.

they are scum! i seriously have more respect for the marino dolphins and bryan cox than bill and tom. at least cox never cheated...

Comment

• utmhead
              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Mski
              i find it next to impossible for the players to have not known the "cant advance by fumble" rule
              want me to find the comments??, Suggs admitted that the sidelines thought they got a first down when the ball was fumbled.

Comment

• psubills62
                Legendary Zoner
                • Sep 2008

Just like headsets seem to malfunction frequently for road teams.
                "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                  Unreachable Douche
                  • Jul 2002

For once I like someone to say, "there is no excuse I missed it". Everyone knows nobody is perfect except for Draftboy.

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

using the timeout is a judgement call. imagine if he did call the timeout, the immediate reaction would have been "what was that? did he just ice his own kicker?"

it's a 31 yard field goal, it's a gimme. at the moment, calling the timeout seems foolish. in retrospect it's the right call.

and i love that the oddities never hurt the patriots. the patriots have not been on the wrong side of one of these calls in 10 years.

let's see those boston faithful support their crappy patriots team. oh right, they don't. so the nfl has a very motivated reason to continue to let a team that has no defense continue to succeed in their league.

and frankly most the other owners don't care, because they get paid out with boston winning. so i doubt we'll ever see "parity" again. it's boston or nothing unless ESPN goes out of business.

Comment

• Mike13
                      • Aug 2005

This seems like a reach.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                        Buffalo Bills Fan
                        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by trapezeus
                        using the timeout is a judgement call. imagine if he did call the timeout, the immediate reaction would have been "what was that? did he just ice his own kicker?"

it's a 31 yard field goal, it's a gimme. at the moment, calling the timeout seems foolish. in retrospect it's the right call.
                        Judgment call, correct.

I'm not going to bang on the BAL staff - things were iffy, they didn't call the time out. That happens - who is perfect?

Please use capital letters where appropriate.
                        Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by stuckincincy

Please use capital letters where appropriate.
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• jcdavey
                            • Dec 2006

i call BS because the kick was so short a 5 yard delay of game flag wouldn't have affected a guy like cundiff

if he indeed rushed it, he's a moron like kaeding, and mentally weak

Comment

• jcdavey
                              • Dec 2006

oh and the real culprit is evans

he literally had a trip to the superbowl in his hands

gotta hang on to those

Comment

Working...
                              X