• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Crisis
    • Aug 2004

Re: Fitz's Career Completion Percentage Vs. Other QBs

Originally posted by Philagape
    Yeah it really is, because the good they do outweighs the bad. That cannot be said of Fitz.
    The SB rings ease the pain a little bit.
    Originally posted by LOSman WINS
    Vanek is Austrian not European
    Originally posted by Prov401
    Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
    Originally posted by better days
    I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
      • Jul 2003

I don't think a HC is happy with 20+ interceptions from any QB. Those guys don't do that every year.

If you look at Brees, his career Int% is only 2.7%, to go with a career comp% of 65.6% and career YPA of 7.4.

Manning has a career Int% of 3.3%, to go with a career comp% of 58.4% and YPA of 7.0.

Fitzpatrick has a career Int% of 3.7%, to go with a career comp% of 59.2% and a YPA of 6.3.

I think that is what those guys are. Brees is a stud. Manning is erratic at times, but can get the ball downfield. Fitzpatrick is erratic at times and struggles getting the ball downfield.

Fitzpatrick isn't as terrible as some make him out to be. He goes through periods where he plays well, but the more he throws the more likely he is to play to his level and make mistakes. He can fill in short-term until a QB is developed, but not the long-term answer at QB.

The league has morphed to the point where you need a QB who can throw down-field. The rules and style of play have evolved that it is needed to win a championship, IMO. The Jets have been a good team the last couple years, but they couldn't win a championship because their QB couldn't do enough. Fitzpatrick is the same way, he could probably get a good team to the playoffs, but he can't take them to that next level.

Comment

• ddaryl
        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
        • Jan 2005

Sorry Fitz doesn't suck.. he is an average QB doing an average job with below average talent surrounding him.

He was paid an average QB wage and he represents the best thing we've had at QB for over decade.

I would love to upgrade the QB position, because I only see Fitz as an average QB. However when you have a team that allows 30+++ points a game you force the Offense into throwing more and doing desperate things to get back into a game which skews the stats just the same. When you have a team that rotates 3 LT's and 3 centers through out the year that too has an effect. When you lose a few of your WR's early in the year that has an affect as well. When you lose you rock solid starting RB that also hurts.

Fitz's long ball is of concern, but hatred for Fitz from some isn't warranted

Comment

• Stewie
          Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
          • Aug 2002

Originally posted by ddaryl
          Sorry Fitz doesn't suck.. he is an average QB doing an average job with below average talent surrounding him.

He was paid an average QB wage and he represents the best thing we've had at QB for over decade.

I would love to upgrade the QB position, because I only see Fitz as an average QB. However when you have a team that allows 30+++ points a game you force the Offense into throwing more and doing desperate things to get back into a game which skews the stats just the same. When you have a team that rotates 3 LT's and 3 centers through out the year that too has an effect. When you lose a few of your WR's early in the year that has an affect as well. When you lose you rock solid starting RB that also hurts.

Fitz's long ball is of concern, but hatred for Fitz from some isn't warranted
          I agree with this. Fitz is an average QB. We have barely built an average team around him.

This team should go out and get a better prospect QB if one becomes available. But until then, there's no reason to replace an average QB with another average QB. He's good enough until his supporting cast is above average.
          Originally posted by Topdog
          Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
          Originally posted by mercyrule
          I love Weiner.
          Originally posted by mercyrule
          also cheese

Comment

• JCBills
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Mski
            as DB and I have said in another thread, completion % doesnt directly correlate to accuracy... but from what i hear from ""experts"" is that 63% seems to be the magical over/under for completion% and long term success... draftboy would probably know best, but i think Kiper says college qb's need to be above 65% to have a chance in the pros
            60%

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by JCBills
              60%
              Depends on the offense, 60% is the draftable line. If a QB never hits 60's in college its probably not a good idea to draft him. Of course there are exceptions to that.
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• JCBills
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                Depends on the offense, 60% is the draftable line. If a QB never hits 60's in college its probably not a good idea to draft him. Of course there are exceptions to that.
                Yep, at least under the Parcells model it is 60%. I like to look for prospects that get at least close, taking the system they're in as well as what they have around them, hitting exactly 60% isn't always necessary.

A guy like Lindley could have gone either way, but his trend of improvement in that area reversed, at least in the numbers. I only saw 2 games of him this season, as I didn't make it a priority due to the downturn. This is why I like Cousins.
                Last edited by JCBills; 01-05-2012, 12:23 PM.

Comment

• ddaryl
                  Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                  • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Stewie
                  I agree with this. Fitz is an average QB. We have barely built an average team around him.

This team should go out and get a better prospect QB if one becomes available. But until then, there's no reason to replace an average QB with another average QB. He's good enough until his supporting cast is above average.

Completely agree.. Fitz knows the position well, so he would be a good to great mentor for the right prospect. None of the complaints about Fitz really change the fact that he does see the field well and knows where to place the ball, his inaccuracy and long ball struggles shouldn't keep him from being able ot mentor a more accurate stroger armed QB.. If Fitz can help us groom the mental portion of a solid prospect then Fitz can still pay major dividends to this franchise
                  Last edited by ddaryl; 01-05-2012, 01:50 PM.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                    Buffalo Bills Fan
                    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by imbondz
                    I know i'm going to come across as a Fitz homer, which i'm not, but we talk about he sucks at accuracy, how much does 5% make in the success of a QB? I would say alot. But what about 1-2% difference in completion rates?

He's comparable to Eli Manning and Matthew Stafford career completion wise. He's actually above both if you just take Fitz's time in Buffalo.

Fitz Career in Buffalo only - 59.9% (in 2011 - 62%)
                    So against what has been said on this board, he's improved completion % wise. What a winner he was...

VS.

Elite QBs Career Completion %:
                    Drew Brees - 65.9%
                    Peyton Manning - 64.9%
                    Brady - 63.8%
                    Philip Rivers - 63.6%
                    Ben Roethlisberger - 63.1%

Random QBs

Jay Cutler - 61.1%
                    Matt Ryan - 60.9%
                    Matthew Stafford 59.8%
                    Eli Manning - 58.4%
                    Alex Smith 58.1%

Ex-Bill Kelly Holcomb - King of the Six-Inch pass - rings in with 63.3 % What a winner he was...
                    Last edited by stuckincincy; 01-05-2012, 02:36 PM.
                    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                      The Voice of Reason
                      • Jul 2007

63% of you forgot that Fitzy is throwing to cast offs, late draft picks and UDFA's. Must be nice to like another team where they have the luxury of legit receivers.
                      Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by ServoBillieves
                        63% of you forgot that Fitzy is throwing to cast offs, late draft picks and UDFA's. Must be nice to like another team where they have the luxury of legit receivers.
                        Yeah, like the Broncos. LOL. They have great receivers, it is all Tebows fault. Well, in spite of WRs WORSE than the Bills have, Tebow led that team to the playoffs.....even if they did back in.

The only way the Bills will get any GOOD WRs is to draft them because NO good WR will want to come to Buffalo with Fitz at QB when he can go to a team with a GOOD QB.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                          The Voice of Reason
                          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by stuckincincy
                          Ex-Bill Kelly Holcomb - King of the Six-Inch pass - rings in with 63.3 % What a winner he was...
                          Kelly Holcomb never was considered, nor ever was a 16 game starter in the NFL. Shane Matthews was in contention with JP and him, so I cannot believe that stupidity of bringing up Holcomb. Fitzy started 16 games... cincy I usually don't argue with you but wow that was reaching.

I want an elite quarterback too, but everyone else has plenty of pipe dreams.

In other news Brian Moorman has a GREAT passer rating at 117.9 for his career.

Championship.
                          Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                            The Voice of Reason
                            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by better days
                            Yeah, like the Broncos. LOL. They have great receivers, it is all Tebows fault. Well, in spite of WRs WORSE than the Bills have, Tebow led that team to the playoffs.....even if they did back in.

The only way the Bills will get any GOOD WRs is to draft them because NO good WR will want to come to Buffalo with Fitz at QB when he can go to a team with a GOOD QB.
                            Did the Broncos have to play the Patriots (who, we beat) and Jets twice this season? Didn't they have to play the Chiefs, Chargers, and Raiders, who have no direction twice this season, and STILL ended up 8-8? Someone has to win, and that's an absolute shame. coming from that worthless division.

Lloyd (traded) Marshall (traded) Royal (a great WR when given the chance) blah blah blah blah... Tebow has thrived solely of off his defense. They may be worse in Denver, but we have a worse (unhealthy) D. It all evens out in the end.
                            Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• JCBills
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by ServoBillieves
                              Did the Broncos have to play the Patriots (who, we beat) and Jets twice this season? Didn't they have to play the Chiefs, Chargers, and Raiders, who have no direction twice this season, and STILL ended up 8-8? Someone has to win, and that's an absolute shame. coming from that worthless division.

Lloyd (traded) Marshall (traded) Royal (a great WR when given the chance) blah blah blah blah... Tebow has thrived solely of off his defense. They may be worse in Denver, but we have a worse (unhealthy) D. It all evens out in the end.
                              This is a regular bar discussion with me. People clamor over Tebow getting them to the playoffs and winning this and that. That has been the worst division in football for a while. Like you said, someone has to win. Tebow just happens to be there when it happens.

Comment

• Philagape
                                WIN NOW
                                • Jul 2002

Tebow is holding his receivers back, not vice-versa.
                                After how Tebow has imploded now that teams know how to defend him -- that doesn't take long when a skill set is so limited -- how he can still have fanboys is an embarrassment to humanity.
                                "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                                2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

Working...
                                X