ESPN Insider suggests a possible trade situation (RE: Lynch)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: ESPN Insider suggests a possible trade situation (RE: Lynch)

No Thanks on Leroy Hill, he's just as bad off the field as Lynch.

In January 09 he was found passed out in his vehicle with an ounce of mary jane on his person.

In April of this past year (just days after he finalized his plea deal on the charge above) he was arrested on Domestic Violence charges.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• nateodoms'bff
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by OpIv37
      at this point, ANYTHING for Lynch is better than nothing. I don't know why people can't see that.
      Because its not true.

Your ego is amazing.

Honestly trading Lynch for a LB that doesnt fit the scheme, is better than having a Pro Bowl caliber running back on a team with no QB?

That makes good football sense to you?

Thank god that you do whatever it is that you do for a living, because if you ran a football team, they would be worse than the Matt Millen Lions.

Comment

• nateodoms'bff
        • Dec 2008

If you want to say Lynch has more value to this team than what we'd get in a trade, fine. If you are suggesting that Lynch is worth more than this trade, you're simply wrong. The guy had a horrible year last year and is one mistake away from a suspension, not to mention the whole league knows we have Jackson and Spiller so he's all but expendable. It has nothing to do with malice- if you could look at it objectively, you'd see that he has no value.
        He does have value.

To the coach of this team.

To the run offense on this team, he has tremendous value. Just because the Bills have 3 RB's on the roster, does not mean that he has no value, it means that the Bills have a potentially league leading run game.

But that has no value. A team that has no depth anywhere, and no real offensive weapons, should trade its few weapons that are no good, so that UFA can play? I mean if no one else sees how completely insane this objective critique of the Bills is, then i am in the wrong place to talk Bills football.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by nateodoms'bff
          Because its not true.

Your ego is amazing.

Honestly trading Lynch for a LB that doesnt fit the scheme, is better than having a Pro Bowl caliber running back on a team with no QB?

That makes good football sense to you?

Thank god that you do whatever it is that you do for a living, because if you ran a football team, they would be worse than the Matt Millen Lions.
          He's not a pro bowl caliber running back and he's a mistake away from getting a year off courtesy of Goodell. You are simply over-valuing him because he's in a Bills uni.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• JCBills
            • Jan 2010

If we're trading for a Seattle LB, it better damn well be David Hawthorne, who could add 5-10 lbs and learn some from Andra Davis (same body type) about playing the strong side in a 3-4, but Hawthorne + Poz would be a young ILB duo as good as any. I don't really want to trade Lynch, but I'd send him to solidify that position for a long time.

Comment

• nateodoms'bff
              • Dec 2008

He's not a pro bowl caliber running back and he's a mistake away from getting a year off courtesy of Goodell. You are simply over-valuing him because he's in a Bills uni.
              He was selected to a Pro Bowl, he played in the Pro Bowl. That makes him Pro Bowl caliber.

I would have assumed that someone with your level of football knowledge, could understand that.

You keep bringing up the future suspension, as if he has continued to act out.

Did you read the Yahoo article where he talked about never leaving the house? About how he stayed at home, with family? Thats what everyone, everywhere keeps saying when guys get in trouble. Stay at home with the closest people to you. He did that, and its still not good enough for any of you.

I hope Lynch doesnt get traded, but if he does, wherever he goes he will reach the Pro Bowl again, and help his team win games. And you, along with everyone else here, will curse OBD for trading away a Pro Bowler.

Comment

• feldspar
                • Mar 2007

at this point, ANYTHING for Lynch is better than nothing. I don't know why people can't see that.
                Why would you say this? I believe Lynch has two years left on his contract, so what's the big hurry? At the very least, we should use him this year at a pretty cheap price. If he does well and stays out of trouble, his stock will only rise. Who knows? We might just decide to keep him. It's not like the guy is the devil or something. He's a good player, and he's only just turned 24. I wouldn't take anything less than a second for him at this point, and that's not going to happen.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

He was selected to a Pro Bowl, he played in the Pro Bowl. That makes him Pro Bowl caliber.

I would have assumed that someone with your level of football knowledge, could understand that.

You keep bringing up the future suspension, as if he has continued to act out.

Did you read the Yahoo article where he talked about never leaving the house? About how he stayed at home, with family? Thats what everyone, everywhere keeps saying when guys get in trouble. Stay at home with the closest people to you. He did that, and its still not good enough for any of you.

I hope Lynch doesnt get traded, but if he does, wherever he goes he will reach the Pro Bowl again, and help his team win games. And you, along with everyone else here, will curse OBD for trading away a Pro Bowler.
                  it means he WAS pro bowl caliber at one time- doesn't mean he still is. I would assume someone of your level of football knowledge could understand that.

Of course he's going to tell the media that he's staying home and trying to stay clean. That doesn't make it true. It might be true, or it might be him trying to save face and reclaim his reputation.

But I digress- the point is that one more screw up and he gets a one year suspension. That makes him a far more risky trade prospect over someone who hasn't been suspended before. Seattle just got burned on Lendale White- if they're STILL willing to take a chance on Lynch, it might be the best we can get.

If Lynch goes someplace else, he could make the Pro Bow because a) he'll probably be behind a better OL and b) he'll be more motivated because there won't be as much bad blood between him and the fans/organization.

As far as whether or not Lynch should be traded, I guess it all depends if Gailey thinks he can get production out of him. If not, he should be shipped off for any trade we can get. If so, then he's more valuable to us then any compensation we could get for him because of the reasons I've already stated.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by feldspar
                    Why would you say this? I believe Lynch has two years left on his contract, so what's the big hurry? At the very least, we should use him this year at a pretty cheap price. If he does well and stays out of trouble, his stock will only rise. Who knows? We might just decide to keep him. It's not like the guy is the devil or something. He's a good player, and he's only just turned 24. I wouldn't take anything less than a second for him at this point, and that's not going to happen.
                    One last time: terrible year last year, one more mistake and he gets a year off courtesy of Roger Goodell, and he's expendable to Buffalo because every team in the league knows we have Jackson and Spiller.

All of those factors significantly lower his value. At the end of your post you even admit that we can't get good value for him.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• patmoran2006
                      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                      • Dec 2005

I don't know how many times I gotta say that despite reports saying otherwise and Nix and Gailey public quotes, Lynch has played his last game in Buffalo.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• nateodoms'bff
                        • Dec 2008

it means he WAS pro bowl caliber at one time- doesn't mean he still is. I would assume someone of your level of football knowledge could understand that.

Of course he's going to tell the media that he's staying home and trying to stay clean. That doesn't make it true. It might be true, or it might be him trying to save face and reclaim his reputation.

But I digress- the point is that one more screw up and he gets a one year suspension. That makes him a far more risky trade prospect over someone who hasn't been suspended before. Seattle just got burned on Lendale White- if they're STILL willing to take a chance on Lynch, it might be the best we can get.

If Lynch goes someplace else, he could make the Pro Bow because a) he'll probably be behind a better OL and b) he'll be more motivated because there won't be as much bad blood between him and the fans/organization.

As far as whether or not Lynch should be traded, I guess it all depends if Gailey thinks he can get production out of him. If not, he should be shipped off for any trade we can get. If so, then he's more valuable to us then any compensation we could get for him because of the reasons I've already stated.
                        So by your definition, he is a Pro Bowl caliber player somewhere else, but not here because of the O-Line. But, if the O-Line is better prepared and coached properly, then its safe to say that the O-Line will be better, which means Lynch will be better. So, by extrapolating that logic, its safe to say that Lynch could in fact, become a Pro Bowl caliber player on the Bills. Which means that he ultimately has a value to this team, which is why trading him should not be an option at this point.

However, if Lynch does show up to camp out of shape, lazy and uninspired, then by all means trade him for whatever value he may have. But I for one am not ready to give up on him, and it doesnt look like the boys at OBD have either.

Thanks for helping me prove my point.
                        Last edited by nateodoms'bff; 05-30-2010, 12:33 PM.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

So by your definition, he is a Pro Bowl caliber player somewhere else, but not here because of the O-Line. But, if the O-Line is better prepared and coached properly, then its safe to say that the O-Line will be better, which means Lynch will be better. So, by extrapolating that logic, its safe to say that Lynch could in fact, become a Pro Bowl caliber player on the Bills. Which means that he ultimately has a value to this team, which is why trading him should not be an option at this point.

However, if Lynch does show up to camp out of shape, lazy and uninspired, then by all means trade him for whatever value he may have. But I for one am not ready to give up on him, and it doesnt look like the boys at OBD have either.

Thanks for helping me prove my point.
                          You can't make chicken salad out of chicken ****. It doesn't matter how much more prepared or better coached the OL is- we don't have the TALENT on the OL. Lynch will be sharing time with Spiller and Jackson and the only way he makes the Pro Bowl is if we add talent to the OL, which certainly won't happen this season. The draft is over and all of the quality FA"s have signed.

Your whole "point" is based on a hypothetical situation where Chan Gailey waves a magic wand and makes the OL better. We've been through this before. Remember when we got McNally to make the OL better without adding any actual talent? How did that turn out?
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• feldspar
                            • Mar 2007

One last time: terrible year last year, one more mistake and he gets a year off courtesy of Roger Goodell, and he's expendable to Buffalo because every team in the league knows we have Jackson and Spiller.

All of those factors significantly lower his value. At the end of your post you even admit that we can't get good value for him.
                            First of all, since when do they go from a 3 game suspension to a full year?

What's he going to do, accidentally graze another woman with his car and drive off AGAIN? Keep another gun in his trunk? I really doubt he'll do those specific things again. We'll soon find out just exactly how irresponsible or just plain dumb he is.

And if we can't get good value for him, why trade him?

Jackson is a very good role player, not a starter...he's scored 7 NFL TDs (rushing and receiving), and he's pushing 30. Then we have Spiller and have to remind ourselves that there is no such thing as a sure thing with a rookie. Not to mention that either of these guys could get hurt.

We have nothing to lose by keeping Lynch this year. His value on the field is more than anything we would get by some forced trade. Why trade him for a draft pick that we can't spend until next year anyway? If we are going to trade him at all, it makes a lot more sense to do it next year, but I hope it doesn't come to that.

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by feldspar
                              First of all, since when do they go from a 3 game suspension to a full year?

What's he going to do, accidentally graze another woman with his car and drive off AGAIN? Keep another gun in his trunk? I really doubt he'll do those specific things again. We'll soon find out just exactly how irresponsible or just plain dumb he is.

And if we can't get good value for him, why trade him?

Jackson is a very good role player, not a starter...he's scored 7 NFL TDs (rushing and receiving), and he's pushing 30. Then we have Spiller and have to remind ourselves that there is no such thing as a sure thing with a rookie. Not to mention that either of these guys could get hurt.

We have nothing to lose by keeping Lynch this year. His value on the field is more than anything we would get by some forced trade. Why trade him for a draft pick that we can't spend until next year anyway? If we are going to trade him at all, it makes a lot more sense to do it next year, but I hope it doesn't come to that.
                              Goodell has been consistently suspending habitual offenders for a year.

And if we can't get good value for him, why trade him? Because there is a good chance he's going to get cut, at which point we get NOTHING for him. Something is better than nothing.

Which brings me back to what I said before: If Gailey thinks he can use him, don't trade him because we won't get fair compensation. But if he's just going to get cut anyway, trade him for anything we can get. Something is better than nothing.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• feldspar
                                • Mar 2007

Goodell has been consistently suspending habitual offenders for a year.

And if we can't get good value for him, why trade him? Because there is a good chance he's going to get cut, at which point we get NOTHING for him. Something is better than nothing.

Which brings me back to what I said before: If Gailey thinks he can use him, don't trade him because we won't get fair compensation. But if he's just going to get cut anyway, trade him for anything we can get. Something is better than nothing.
                                Name one single player that went from a 3 or 4 game suspension to an entire year, then tell me what he did.

What's this crap about cutting Lynch? What are you basing this on? There is no chance that will happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X