Bills add another UDFA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tat2dmike77
    Let the planet get warmer. We'll grow oranges in Alaska!
    • Dec 2005

Re: Bills add another UDFA

Originally posted by DraftBoy
    You have no idea how much I enjoy this teams new way of looking for and at talent.
    Atleast they are looking and not just throwing a dart at the wall like the good ol days

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
      Legendary Zoner
      • May 2009

Originally posted by JOHN DELLAPELLE
      mutcher will be our backup center then... im guessing... we really need flozell adams...
      no we don't.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
        The Voice of Reason
        • Jul 2007

If given a chance, Naaman Roosevelt will be solid in the NFL. Just tossing that out there.
        Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• jamze132
          Don’t hate…
          • Jun 2003

Im a big smaller school guy I think that the smaller FBS conferences (Sun Belt, MAC, WAC, etc.) plus FCS (formerly DI-AA), DII, and DIII are trending up in terms of talent. I think the talent disparity that used to be so prevalent is now becoming less and less.

While guys like Fred Jackson, Kurt Warner, DRC, and countless others used to be rare they are becoming far more common place. It appears as though this team's current regime is more willing to not only properly scout the smaller schools but also draft those kids.

For example I think that our small school selections this year;
          DE Alex Carrington
          WR Naaman Roosevelt
          LB Arthur Moats
          LB Danny Batten
          QB Levi Brown
          OC Kyle Mutcher
          WR Donald Jones
          RB Joique Bell (Avatar)

Are incredibly valuable and I think all the players listed above have both the talent and ability to make the Bills roster or PS for the coming season.

Why I like it so much is because these are the same guys I would of taken/signed. Ive personally scouted all those players and had them rated higher than where they actually went so Im very excited that my reports seemingly are at least in the same ball park as the Bills.
          But you're still Kiper's biatch.

Nice work buddy.

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HargroveforMVP
            If given a chance, Naaman Roosevelt will be solid in the NFL. Just tossing that out there.
            Not sold on that, no size, and doesnt have another gear speed wise.

When I watch his tape I dont see NFL speed. He will need to work hard on his routes but Donald Jones is the same kind of player with better speed and a better build.

Roosevelt has a massive uphill battle ahead of him. He need to add weight first and foremost. One person told me though he's listed in the 180's he played at UB in the low 170's. That's not good.
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• jamze132
              Don’t hate…
              • Jun 2003

That's too small for a WR who isn't running a 4.3. At least at this level.

Comment

• psubills62
                Legendary Zoner
                • Sep 2008

For example I think that our small school selections this year;
                DE Alex Carrington
                WR Naaman Roosevelt
                LB Arthur Moats
                LB Danny Batten
                QB Levi Brown
                OC Kyle Mutcher
                WR Donald Jones
                RB Joique Bell (Avatar)
                All of these guys are coming in at the perfect time for UDFA's. There's a new regime, a change to a new defense, and an overall need for talent. They're joining a group of softies that had been used to Camp Jauron for the last 4 years or so.

They've all got a huge opportunity to work hard and make the team. I wouldn't be surprised to see a large number of these guys make the final roster.
                "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• DesertFox24
                  • Jul 2005

Draft Boy Troup is technically a small school prospect as well. Conference USA is not a well known conference either.

I do agree with you though, I love the fact that our team is going out and searching for talent.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DesertFox24
                    Draft Boy Troup is technically a small school prospect as well. Conference USA is not a well known conference either.

I do agree with you though, I love the fact that our team is going out and searching for talent.
                    To me no. I dont think C-USA is a small school conference. I think its extremely underrated in terms of quality football. I love to watch CUSA football especially teams like UTEP, UCF, ECU, Houston, Tulsa, SMU and Southern Miss play.

I think Southern Miss particularly is loaded with some serious talent that will be NFL bound in the next few years.

DT Anthony Gray is a stud 3-4 NT prospect
                    RB Damion Fletcher
                    QB Austin Davis
                    QB Montavious Young
                    WR DeAndre Brown best WR nobody has heard about
                    S Eddie Hicks
                    COMING SOON...
                    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
                      • Feb 2009

Not sold on that, no size, and doesnt have another gear speed wise.

When I watch his tape I dont see NFL speed. He will need to work hard on his routes but Donald Jones is the same kind of player with better speed and a better build.

Roosevelt has a massive uphill battle ahead of him. He need to add weight first and foremost. One person told me though he's listed in the 180's he played at UB in the low 170's. That's not good.
                      I loved Donald and wanted him in the 6th. He was show impressive at the senior bowl seeing he was 2 days behind everyone.

Comment

Working...
                      X