Gailey's Quarterback.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: Gailey's Quarterback.

Gailey inherited - and made the best of - QBs like Tomczak, Stewart, Fiedler and a fading Aikman. That doesn't mean he would purposely choose a guy with their limitations.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
      Gailey inherited - and made the best of - QBs like Tomczak, Stewart, Fiedler and a fading Aikman. That doesn't mean he would purposely choose a guy with their limitations.
      I agree. But with this offensive line... I think he needs a guy that can buy time in the pocket. That was my point.
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Mahdi
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by King Bedard
        I think that would be too much of a slap in the face. I dont think Vick is an option.
        At the end of the day if Gailey thinks Vick will put up Ws he will bring in Vick no matter what.

And if Vick does put up Ws, fans will come around and embrace the idea very quickly.

Comment

• Throne Logic
          Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
          • Aug 2002

Originally posted by King Bedard
          I agree. But with this offensive line... I think he needs a guy that can buy time in the pocket. That was my point.
          I expect the offensive line to show a dramatic improvement going into next season. There is a decent talent pool on the roster right now. If Chan can come up with the right combination, it might not take too much to create a young solid unit. The only real huge question is at the LT position. Does Chan feel that a capable LT is already on the roster? Or will that be a focus during FA or the draft?

Anyhow. I don't believe they have get a QB who runs around like a loony trying to make a play out of nothing every down. I'd much rather they spend all their off-season efforts on the OL and then plunk Trent or Brohm behind it.
          Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
            • Jul 2003

The biggest problem with Tebow is he is a project. He definitely has a lot going for him in terms of leadership, athletic ability and arm strength.

However, he has two huge issues which make him a risk:

1) He has a long, slow Byron-Leftwich-Like release which is going to be a big problem in the NFL and will require his throwing motion be completely re-done.

2) He will have to adapt to progression reads in an NFL offense.

NFL QB play is all about getting the ball out quickly and accurately. Tebow's athleticism and leadership may have made him one of the best college players of all-time, but he has a long way to go before he can be an NFL QB.

I"m not sure if he can or can't play QB in the NFL, but he is definitely a project.

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

Gailey was hired IMO with creating a franchise qb in mind. We haven't had one since Kelly left and we hadn't had a HC that knew how to groom one.

If what Shotty said about Nix is true, I think we're on our way to being better than 7-9 but it won't be for a couple of years from now since both Nix and Gailey like building through the draft.

If Gailey wants to shorten the time, he better bring in a PROVEN DC . Would've loved Nolan but too late now.
              Last edited by justasportsfan; 01-21-2010, 10:05 AM.
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Please god just stop with these stupid Tim Tebow ideas, first he's not even worth a 2nd Round pick, second his stock will fall even further after Super Bowl Sunday (if you dont know what Im talking about you will soon enough, just watch his commercial), and lastly I dont see any way he will be an NFL QB at this point.
                COMING SOON...
                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                  • Mar 2004

Maybe if the Bills draft a QB in every round, they'll get a good one?

Comment

• TheBrownBear
                    • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Thief
                    I really think they are targeting Tebow. I'm not sure how I feel about it.
                    What makes you think that?

Comment

• TheBrownBear
                      • Dec 2004

Please please please no Tebow. If you want to get a sense of what he'd look like in the NFL, go back and watch the Alabama game.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                        Maybe if the Bills draft a QB in every round, they'll get a good one?
                        Sadly I doubt it.

COMING SOON...

Comment

• BillsWin
                          man amongst boys
                          • Oct 2008

The very highest I would pick Tebow is the third. There are talented players that we could have in the first and second we could plug in and have start right away at need positions.

I would hate the Tebow pick just because he is an enigma for the professional level. There is a chance he could be a great leader and maybe change the game of football. Or he could flop and set a franchise back 5 years.

He is not the prototype QB for the NFL.

That being said, if we absolutely have to pick him. Do it later in the draft. Address LT and DT first please!
                          Last edited by BillsWin; 01-21-2010, 11:36 AM.
                          I am The Batman.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by TheBrownBear
                            Please please please no Tebow. If you want to get a sense of what he'd look like in the NFL, go back and watch the Alabama game.
                            You mean if you take away the QB draw and force him to actually read a defense and throw the ball he sucks? And that the NFL is a whole lot better competition than Alabama? And that his ridiculous arm motion would be open season for enough strip sack fumbles to make Losman blush? And if he was the QB here everyone around here would be praying to Jesus but not for the reason he is? Is that about it?

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                              • Jul 2003

I don't think he should, but Tebow will go in the first round, IMO. There are enough people in love with his intangibles, which are off the charts, that he will be over-valued by someone.

I could see Jacksonville taking him at #11. They can't sell tickets at all, but he is a local hero there. No matter whether he can play or not, Tebow would sell tickets for them.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                                Administrator
                                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by NE39
                                I don't think he should, but Tebow will go in the first round, IMO. There are enough people in love with his intangibles, which are off the charts, that he will be over-valued by someone.

I could see Jacksonville taking him at #11. They can't sell tickets at all, but he is a local hero there. No matter whether he can play or not, Tebow would sell tickets for them.
                                I cant see any situation where Tebow goes in Round 1 right now. It would franchise suicide essentially.

I get the Jacksonville scenario, but they are willing to risk winning and everything and set their franchise further back to sell a few tickets essentially. Winning will bring the fans back faster than drafting a novelty will.

That all being said I can never say never in regards to the draft.
                                COMING SOON...

Comment

Working...
                                X