Anyone watching this Baluga kid from Iowa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pinkerton Security
    Pinkerton's son
    • Feb 2006

Re: Anyone watching this Baluga kid from Iowa?

I figured I'd just throw this into this thread instead of starting another bc it may have already been discussed, but how about Hughes, the DE from TCU?? Watching the Fiesta bowl, I didnt watch all of it, but saw one play where he blew past a RT and chased down Moore like he was standing still. I have seen Greg Hardy from Ole Miss play a few times and do not like him at all, he gets all sorts of publicity but in the games I've watched havent seen him make any plays at all. I hadnt heard much about Hughes but he seems like a real good player.

Comment

• psubills62
      Legendary Zoner
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
      I figured I'd just throw this into this thread instead of starting another bc it may have already been discussed, but how about Hughes, the DE from TCU?? Watching the Fiesta bowl, I didnt watch all of it, but saw one play where he blew past a RT and chased down Moore like he was standing still. I have seen Greg Hardy from Ole Miss play a few times and do not like him at all, he gets all sorts of publicity but in the games I've watched havent seen him make any plays at all. I hadnt heard much about Hughes but he seems like a real good player.
      Hughes is a very good player, but I believe he projects to the NFL as a 3-4 OLB more than a 4-3 DE.

Hardy looks to have had a down year, though it also appears as though he was injured and didn't play all the games.

6.5 TFL, 5 sacks.
      "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
      - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Mahdi
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
        Hughes has a lightning first step. I like his size and he could be a guy that creeps into the Top 10.

He has 26 sacks over the last two seasons so definitely not a one-year wonder and if we move to a 3-4 he is an ideal 3-4 OLB.

Keep an eye on Brandon Graham too, he has Lamar Woodley written all over him.

Both Hughes and Graham can play 4-3 DE also.
        Last edited by Mahdi; 01-06-2010, 10:47 AM.

Comment

• BidsJr
          • Sep 2002

The plays that Bulaga got pushed back he was still able to anchor and recover. That is an extremely difficult thing to do when you are being pushed backward.

You have to remember that Bulaga missed a bunch of time this season with a thyroid problem and it took him most of the season to get back into form.

As good as he looked last night he has a bunch more upside.
          "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• psubills62
            Legendary Zoner
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Mahdi
            Hughes has a lightning first step. I like his size and he could be a guy that creeps into the Top 10.

He has 26 sacks over the last two seasons so definitely not a one-year wonder and if we move to a 3-4 he is an ideal 3-4 OLB.

Keep an eye on Brandon Graham too, he has Lamar Woodley written all over him.

Both Hughes and Woodley can play 4-3 DE also.
            I'm a huge fan of Graham. The guy is so solid in run defense and rushing the passer. If we switch to a 3-4, I'd love to get him as an OLB.
            - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• ddaryl
              Everything I post is sexual inuendo
              • Jan 2005

I think he can be a Jake Long type player minus the #1 overall pick status. Very tough run blocker who can pass protect.

sounds like our man... how does he compare with the other top LT's ... I'm just learning the who's who of 1st rd pick options

the combine can't get her soon enough for me...
              Last edited by ddaryl; 01-06-2010, 10:32 AM.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

He didn't have to beat him. He collapsed the pocket and Stanzi had to bail. That is something we have not had on this team for a while.

Don't get me wrong, Bulaga played great, I'm just saying Morgan was able to bust up a couple of plays with his bull rush.
                Stanzi stepped up and still completed the pass on that play. The pocket did collapse but if Morgan had been able to disengage Bulaga, its an easy sack. He was unable to which is credit to Bulaga.

Morgan made some plays, but he was mostly held in check and that is a big statement for Bulaga who needed a really good game v. Morgan and he definitely won the battle.
                COMING SOON...
                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ddaryl
                  sounds like our man... how does he compare with the other top LT's ... I'm just learning the who's who of 1st rd pick options

the combine can't get her soon enough for me...
                  #2 overall OT prospect, he's a technician. Classic Iowa OL, big, strong, not as athletic and OKung or Campbell.
                  COMING SOON...

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                    short bus extraordinaire
                    • Jul 2002

i wouldn't mind seeing him in a Bills uni.
                    Originally posted by yordad
                    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• BidsJr
                      • Sep 2002

Scary thing is, Bulaga prolly wasn't even the best OL on the team this year. That would go to RS Freshman Riley Reiff. That guy is a top 10 pick in the next 2 years.
                      "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• psubills62
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                        #2 overall OT prospect, he's a technician. Classic Iowa OL, big, strong, not as athletic and OKung or Campbell.
                        What's his potential at LT? Would he be worth the #9 pick?
                        - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• ddaryl
                          Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                          SO in your eyes....

1.) Okung
                          2.) Baluga
                          3.) Campbell

Comment

• BidsJr
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by psubills62

I think he needs another year in school. He is a true Junior this year and missed quite a bit of time.

He wasn't as dominant as Robert Gallery when he did play, and we know how that pick turned out for the Raiders.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by psubills62
                              He's a potential franchise LT. His stock has taken a hit because he was hurt this year. If he comes out he's a top 15 picks and could be a solid pick at 9.

He's a 50/50 for leaving early, he could help his stock by going back but there is some risk with the rookie cap and such.
                              COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                                Administrator
                                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ddaryl
                                SO in your eyes....

1.) Okung
                                2.) Baluga
                                3.) Campbell

Yes;

1. Okung
                                2. Bulaga
                                3. Campbell
                                4. Davis
                                5. Brown
                                6. Capers
                                7. Wiliams
                                COMING SOON...

Comment

Working...
                                X