Is Jim Kelly Getting More Involved With This Team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Re: Is Jim Kelly Getting More Involved With This Team?

Originally posted by DMBcrew36
    What about Bernard Madoff as HC?
    We already have an old man crook in the organization that overvalues assets and leaves people stunned that the value is totally gone. Why get two?

Comment

• Billz_fan
      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by mchurchfie
      Don't worry, if Charley bought the team bleeding would not be an issue.
      Hey, he could stop the game and or 30 second clock when we needed it
      The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• DynaPaul
        • Sep 2003

It could be another media play by Ralph. I can see Ralph now:

"Well when I brought Marv back I got the fanbase going again. Now I'll do the same trick twice and bring Jim in to make it look like I'm fixing things! Ha ha ha... season ticket sales here we come!"

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

Thurman eluded to it yesterday on the Schoop Show and they were talking about it today on WGR. They think Jimbo has something in the works. Thurman acted like he knew something but couldn't reveal it. He truly would be our best chance at influencing Ralph Wilson. I'm thinking there are going to be some big changes when this thing finally goes down and he is going to be right in the middle of it all.
          I heard that they are bringing Kelly in as a coach/some organization level. This was told to me in confidence but knowing this site no one will take it seriously anyway. This is not a joke.

Anyone who wants to PM me can get the low down.

By the way think about how it will keep fan enthusiam up but cost the FO relatively nothing. Be prepared to be hoodwinked yet again.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
            I heard that they are bringing Kelly in as a coach/some organization level. This was told to me in confidence but knowing this site no one will take it seriously anyway. This is not a joke.

Anyone who wants to PM me can get the low down.

By the way think about how it will keep fan enthusiam up but cost the FO relatively nothing. Be prepared to be hoodwinked yet again.
            PS. I am going on record as saying this is dumber than Levy as GM. Let's just suit up the entire 90s team, play Rocky music, and pretend it's the 90s again.

Comment

• Mudflap1
              Next Question!
              • Nov 2004

So basically Kelly is supposed to do what Bill Parcells is doing in Miami and what Marv was supposed to do a couple of years ago? Being the "guru" who brings in the right guys and orchestrates the moves for the team, like the puppet master?

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Thurman eluded to it yesterday on the Schoop Show and they were talking about it today on WGR. They think Jimbo has something in the works. Thurman acted like he knew something but couldn't reveal it. He truly would be our best chance at influencing Ralph Wilson. I'm thinking there are going to be some big changes when this thing finally goes down and he is going to be right in the middle of it all.
                If Jim Kelly came through and saved the Bills, I'm changing my children's names to Jim and Kelly, and I have two girls.

Comment

• YoungEz
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by don137
                  There is a very simple explanation why Ralph will not sell this team now...taxes. If he sold the team now his estate would be taxed twice from the proceeds of the sale. Once in the form of capital gains taxes and the other in the form of inheritance taxes. By keeping the team until he dies he is eliminating the capital gains tax and just paying the inheritance taxes for his estate thus saving his estate millions if not a few hundred million in taxes.

I am not quite sure if this is true anymore. I had my tax class last year and remember going over estates etc and being like while wait why doesn't ralph just sell now? I can't remember the exact laws/reasoning since it was last year and I really don't want to open my tax book again. Also could depend on state too.

If I am not mistaken some provision helping estates out has or runs out very soon on this matter.

On a side note our tax system is the most retarted thing ever put together.

Comment

• homeslice5484
                    • Jul 2008

anyone have a link to thurmans show? Its not on wgrs site anymore, or at least i cant find it

Comment

• Dying_-2-_Live
                      • Feb 2009

Jim Kelly as Head Coach?
                      "If you ain't first... You're last"

Comment

• don137
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YoungEz
                        I am not quite sure if this is true anymore. I had my tax class last year and remember going over estates etc and being like while wait why doesn't ralph just sell now? I can't remember the exact laws/reasoning since it was last year and I really don't want to open my tax book again. Also could depend on state too.

If I am not mistaken some provision helping estates out has or runs out very soon on this matter.

On a side note our tax system is the most retarted thing ever put together.
                        Well you are partially right. In 2010 their is no inheritance tax.

In 2010, the estate tax rate drops to zero percent; if Ralph dies in 2010 his heirs would not pay taxes.

One caveat: Congress ensured that the law sunsets in 2011. That is, on January 1st, 2011, the estate tax rate will return to its pre-Bush levels. Practically speaking, this means the difference between dying on December 31, 2010 and January 1, 2011 can mean 55 percent of your estate.

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

great. Now we have another awful thing to cheer for:

1. Cheer on our opponents each week in hopes that they fire our coach
                          2. cheer on ralph's passing for 2010 to avoid the estate tax.

I hate this team and what it does to me.

Comment

• Bulldog
                            Top Dog
                            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by DMBcrew36
                            Rumors eh? Live in Buffalo your whole life and you know what goes on. It's a small town. I've seen him out at places.

And I'm not pissed at him, but unlike some people, I am able to separate what he did on the field from what he has done off the field. Ofcourse, most people on here don't know what goes on off the field and around town because they don't live here.
                            Unless you can tell me that you witnessed Kelly push his wife down the staris first hand, I don't want to hear it. If everybody who has lived in Buffalo their whole lives know, don't you think a media outlet would have aired the story? Or is it all a big cover up?
                            I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• madness
                              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by trapezeus
                              great. Now we have another awful thing to cheer for:

1. Cheer on our opponents each week in hopes that they fire our coach
                              2. cheer on ralph's passing for 2010 to avoid the estate tax.

I hate this team and what it does to me.
                              No, it's just you. I will never cheer such things.

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
                                • Feb 2009

Jimbo was just on with wease and said there's no way he's getting involved in coaching.

Comment

Working...
                                X