• Show
Clear All
  • Pinkerton Security
    Pinkerton's son
    • Feb 2006

Re: "Where they’re lining up"

Originally posted by Lexwhat
    I think it's time to make it my signature:

Brad Butler is not a legitimate starter!!

Langston Walker is not capable of playing an entire regular season or postseason at Left Tackle!!
    we wont know these things in our system until proven one way or the other.

Comment

• mybills
      81 st zoner
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
      You may be right, but no one can know that with certainty. Butler is a natural tackle who played very well at RT for Virginia. His height makes him better suited for tackle than guard, so he has basically played out of position for the Bills.

I say we give him some time before we throw him under the bus.
      I say give 'em all time before we throw them under the bus.
      I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

You may be right, but no one can know that with certainty. Butler is a natural tackle who played very well at RT for Virginia. His height makes him better suited for tackle than guard, so he has basically played out of position for the Bills.

The Bills using a player outside of his natural position? Our brilliant coaches would NEVER try that!

Seriously, it's like ever since Peters, this team thinks any player can just switch positions at any time without an adjustment period.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
          this team thinks any player can just switch positions at any time without an adjustment period.

We have proven teachers who have taught our players to become stud players. Haven't you seen the results?
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Captain gameboy
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
            Seriously, it's like ever since Peters, this team thinks any player can just switch positions at any time without an adjustment period.
            I think it is you that thinks the team thinks that.

I don't ever remember seeing any claim that they thought there wouldn't be an adjustment period.

I don't get this whole thing though.

A pro player returning to his "natural" position. BS.

As a college player, their hours of practice are restricted. In the pros, not so.

This game is not complicated enough to use the excuse that one cannot play there because they didn't in college.
            Its a full time job. No restrictions. Handle it.

Regarding Butler, and I have mentioned this many times before, I don't think he is quick enough to be a good tackle in the NFL.
            He'll be a weakness that is exploitable.

Comment

• The Jokeman
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by acehole
              Good news is RT is easy and cheaper to find...we will sign one off a practic squad or FA if need be.
              So if and when Walker becomes accomplished LT [/sarcasm] and demands a pay raise to we give it to him or trade him too and then shift Butler to LT etc?

Comment

• yordad
                • Dec 2007

Originally posted by The Jokeman
                So if and when Walker becomes accomplished LT [/sarcasm] and demands a pay raise to we give it to him or trade him too and then shift Butler to LT etc?
                Trade and shift, silly, and you know this!
                "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Lexwhat
                  • Feb 2005

My opinion on Butler is certainly just an opinion. Aside from a cheap shot against Mathias Kiwanuka in college, I've never seen much of a "mean streak" from Butler. He's had that "mean streak" label ever since he entered the NFL, and personally I think it's completely unfounded.

At the guard position, he just never got good leverage against the defender. I've been saying it for the better part of 2 years, but most people never agreed with me. What good is an OG if he can't get leverage?

He may have played fine in college, but he was a 5th round pick! Meanwhile, his linemate on the other end, D'brickashaw Ferguson, was the 4th overall pick. Clearly most teams did not think much of Butler as a legitimate starter. (no, I'm not saying late rounders never develop; you know what I mean).

Anyways, if you are admitting he's been playing out of position, then why was he the starter for TWO whole years? He even got a contract extension!
                  Last edited by Lexwhat; 05-19-2009, 01:05 PM.

Comment

• Lexwhat
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
                    we wont know these things in our system until proven one way or the other.
                    See, but this is why "homers" and "realists" go around in circles all the time...

When the "realists" criticize a player (or coach) knowing he won't play well, then they are accused of "not giving him a chance."

After observing the player (or coach) for 2-3 years, we "realists" continue to criticize him the same way we always have. But then the "homers" start blaming the circumstances or the environment for that player's (Losman, Whitner, etc.) poor performance. When is a player going to be ACCOUNTABLE for his performance???

I remember arguing with people last offseason about Whitner. I remember one guy even said Whitner was a Top-5 safety in the NFL. Now, after 3 seasons in the NFL, I don't know if he's worse at FS or SS. "Versatile" is the polite way to describe him.

Anyways, I'm not saying I'm always correct (neither are "realists"). But there's a disturbing pattern of failure by this organization, and now they are trying to put Butler at RT and Walker at LT. Any non-homer can see that this is a very poor setup.

The Bills FO (and Chris Brown) are glorifying this move, and homers are licking every drop of this BS.

Comment

• psubills62
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Lexwhat
                      See, but this is why "homers" and "realists" go around in circles all the time...

When the "realists" criticize a player (or coach) knowing he won't play well, then they are accused of "not giving him a chance."

After observing the player (or coach) for 2-3 years, we "realists" continue to criticize him the same way we always have. But then the "homers" start blaming the circumstances or the environment for that player's (Losman, Whitner, etc.) poor performance. When is a player going to be ACCOUNTABLE for his performance???

I remember arguing with people last offseason about Whitner. I remember one guy even said Whitner was a Top-5 safety in the NFL. Now, after 3 seasons in the NFL, I don't know if he's worse at FS or SS. "Versatile" is the polite way to describe him.

Anyways, I'm not saying I'm always correct (neither are "realists"). But there's a disturbing pattern of failure by this organization, and now they are trying to put Butler at RT and Walker at LT. Any non-homer can see that this is a very poor setup.

The Bills FO (and Chris Brown) are glorifying this move, and homers are licking every drop of this BS.
                      Seriously? I love how you can't even see the irony in this.

Considering no one knows how Butler and Walker at RT and LT will go, why is it so appropriate to assume they'll suck, but it's just stupid for anyone to think that they'll actually be good? You don't know that they'll be terrible. Just like we don't know that they'll be good.

Did you say the same thing when Buffalo moved an undrafted free agent named Peters over to the left side after he had only played RT? Sometimes things work out, sometimes they don't. And while each person can have their own opinion, it's foolish to tell people that they're automatically wrong when no one actually knows how it will be.

Did you happen to go to every Atlanta message board last year and tell them their team will be in the bottom of the league? Maybe you did it to the Dolphins too. Or how about New England after Brady was injured? Maybe you agreed with the experts that Jordan Gross, a very good RT, wasn't going to be a good LT when he made the switch.

Is it possible Walker will stink at LT, and Butler will do likewise at RT? Sure it is. But it's also possible that they'll be good.
                      "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                      - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                        The Voice of Reason
                        • Jul 2007

Kelsay got a sack? Holy crap!
                        Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

Working...
                        X