• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TacklingDummy
    Unreachable Douche
    • Jul 2002

Re: another board has rumblings of a Peters trade

Originally posted by patmoran2006

I see NO WAY the Bills close the gap by that much, and I wouldnt pay him no freegin $11.5 million per year either.
    I'd rather see Walker play LT for $5 million per year and the Bills sign somebody who can rush the passer with the money they didn't pay Peters.

Not to mention the picks they would get for Peters.

But Hey, some people think we need a franchise Left Tackle to finish 7-9 3 years in a row. How Pitt and Arizona ever got to the Super Bowl without Jason Peters is still a mystery to me.

Comment

• X-Era
      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
      I'd rather see Walker play LT for $5 million per year and the Bills sign somebody who can rush the passer with the money they didn't pay Peters.

Not to mention the picks they would get for Peters.

But Hey, some people think we need a franchise Left Tackle to finish 7-9 3 years in a row. How Pitt and Arizona ever got to the Super Bowl without Jason Peters is still a mystery to me.
      I think Walker is paid almost 7 mill or 7 mill per year.

It was a 5 year, 25 mill with a 10 mill signing bonus.

It would come down to whether they amortized the SB over the length or not.

Comment

• X-Era
        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
        well after today's News' article, confirming how far apart they are.. A trade may end up being in the works.

I see NO WAY the Bills close the gap by that much, and I wouldnt pay him no freegin $11.5 million per year either.
        I bet they get the deal done mid season and for 9-10

Comment

• TacklingDummy
          Unreachable Douche
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by EdwardsEra
          I think Walker is paid almost 7 mill or 7 mill per year.
          According to Clumps page if I read it correctly Walker cost the Bills $3 million salary, $1 million in Amortized Bonuses, and $1,507,280 in Other Bonus.

3+1+1.5 = $5.5

Comment

• Akhippo
            • Nov 2002

My worries. He gave up close to the most sacks by a LT last year. People complain that if we get rid of Peters that Edwards will be picking himself up off the ground. Well, he did that plenty last year with Peters in there.

Dont give me the holdout and Dockery etc. Walter Jones would hold out all camp then come in and dominate. But we give Peters a four month pass to get into game shape. Alot of his sacks were straight up getting his arse beat sacks.

He also seems like he walks a fine line between caring and being dominate to a ho hum attitude that gets Trent hammered. Do you feel comfortable giving him so much money to be so hit and miss.

I have no problem with them resigning him for the long term or getting a nice bounty for trading him. We would need at least two first for sure, and a possible pick next year based on achievements.
            Buy land in AK now. In ten years due to global warming, it will be the new tropical paradise, minus the tropics

Comment

• topher180
              • Sep 2008

I'm sorry, I know this is off topic but realdealryan has the best sig pic in history.

I only wish Ralph's handlers will put his hat on a little sideways by accident one day so you can update it.

inĀ·ept
              Adjective: Having or showing no skill; clumsy.

:historian:

Comment

Working...
              X