• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madness
    • Apr 2003

Re: Why wasnt Schobel placed on IR????

Originally posted by bigbub2352
    I understand what your saying but please tell me one gamechanging play Schobel has made in the last 2-3 yrs to warrant the contract he got?
    Are you saying that he never gets a sack on a crucial 3rd down (I'd think they're all pretty crucial), stuffs a critical run play, breaks up a pass or forces a fumble?

I'd consider those all game-changing plays.

Comment

• jamze132
      Don’t hate…
      • Jun 2003

Schobel wasn't IRd because when he went down, we had a good command of the division. No one thought Buffalo would enter into a tale spin like we have. Until we are officially eliminated, he will be on the roster.

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

yer Crowell would've missed 4-6 weeks, at most, and at the beginning of the season.

Dude, this organization sucks. everyone just needs to live with it. Its either crappy football in Buffalo, or no football in buffalo.

thats the way it is.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• yordad
          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by bigbub2352
          but now u made me happy?
          Out of curiosity, what is this supposed to say? I was trying to figure it out, but couldn't. I see a question mark, and I think your asking me a question, but I don't know what.
          "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

This way, Schobel will be able to hobble through the last, meaningless game, as a testiment to his courage in playing through pain.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Mr. Pink
              Peterman Sucks!
              • Mar 2006

Because the front office has a dart board...

That's how they make decisions on everything.

It's the only logical explanation to explain how eph'ing illogical everything is that they do.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                Defies all logic
                • Oct 2006

I'm a very big fan of Schobel, it's unfortunate that he got injured because he is one of our best players on defense when he is healthy. Is he overpaid? Yes, but I won't blame the FO for that extension because it came directly after that incredible season that he had. Also, with all this said it still doesn't stop the fact that he is our BEST DE, even when he is at 50%. Kelsay is a good rotational player, Schobel is a starter, it's obvious to me that we are just missing one solid player at DE from having a pretty darn good DL. Keep Schobel here.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                  Defies all logic
                  • Oct 2006

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                  Because the front office has a dart board...

That's how they make decisions on everything.

It's the only logical explanation to explain how eph'ing illogical everything is that they do.
                  Puhleez.

If we didn't extend Schobel after that monster season, Schobel would've been pissed and fans would start criticizing the FO just like we always do. Whatever, we overpaid a little for him, he is still a good DE, just the way I look at it. It's Ralph's money, not mine. Could've made a worst investment, atleast Schobel has a very high ceiling, higher than most players if I may be so bold.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
                    Puhleez.

If we didn't extend Schobel after that monster season, Schobel would've been pissed and fans would start criticizing the FO just like we always do. Whatever, we overpaid a little for him, he is still a good DE, just the way I look at it. It's Ralph's money, not mine. Could've made a worst investment, atleast Schobel has a very high ceiling, higher than most players if I may be so bold.
                    His sack total was cut in half last year, he has one this season, missed most the season and isnt getting any younger. Good investment still?

Comment

• patmoran2006
                      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                      • Dec 2005

Though, to be perfectly honest, I thought Schobel was playing well this year, especially against the run,.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                        Defies all logic
                        • Oct 2006

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                        His sack total was cut in half last year, he has one this season, missed most the season and isnt getting any younger. Good investment still?
                        I think so, yes. We have nobody to replace him with, unfortunately. Plus, in all fairness I think his sack total would be higher if he had played the full season. If the FO hadn't extended him after that monster season it would have been PR suicide for the Bills. I would still take Schobel over any Bills player at DE on the roster. Picture a stud opposite of Schobel on the DL, we'd have a pretty solid setup. I'm a big fan of Kyle Williams and Stroud, Schobel has proven to be dominant at times although lately he been more dormant. Personally, I would invest either top dollar or a 1st round pick to address the DE situation next year.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by yordad
                          Out of curiosity, what is this supposed to say? I was trying to figure it out, but couldn't. I see a question mark, and I think your asking me a question, but I don't know what.
                          No question was trying to be sarcastic and forgot to hit enter to put happy? on another line
                          XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• jamze132
                            Don’t hate…
                            • Jun 2003

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                            yer Crowell would've missed 4-6 weeks, at most, and at the beginning of the season.

Dude, this organization sucks. everyone just needs to live with it. Its either crappy football in Buffalo, or no football in buffalo.

thats the way it is.
                            Don't you find it funny why no one has heard from Crowell? You think that just because he was going to be out 4-6 weeks is the only reason he got black-balled? Think about it. I thought you were smarter than that.

Comment

• Mahdi
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                              When will you people figure out that special teams don't get you to the playoffs? How many years have our special teams been good and what has it got us?

Defensive ends that can only muster up 5 sacks all year is not going to get it done in any league, on any team.
                              However when you gave great special teams that can get you amazing field position often and you combine that with a strong offense, it makes scoring A LOT easier. Just ask Brett Favre and the Jets.

If the Bills could actually score TDs then Mckelvin would have an important hand in that. But when our offense routinely gets shut down an amazing kick return that got the offense somewhere between our 40 and their goal-line doesnt seem so special.

Comment

• feldspar
                                • Mar 2007

Originally posted by yordad
                                Wait, I'm confussed a little. Do they have foot problems because they are white, or because of the ground?
                                they don't have foot injuries from kicking too much ass.

Comment

Working...
                                X