Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Re: Ok the Bills were put in their place. The season is not over Bandwagon Crew

Originally posted by blackonyx89
    I agree!
    DO YOU?

Comment

• psubills62
      Legendary Zoner
      • Sep 2008

It's not the way I'd like to have started divisional play, but I am happy with 5-2 at this point.
      "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
      - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
        • Jul 2002

No one is happy to lose to Miami. Get over it and move on.

Comment

• Dujek
          Hall of Fame Zoner
          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
          And hell, I still think the Browns can win the AFCN!
          Now we know you're crazy.

Comment

• hydro
            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Saratoga Slim
            Nice thread guys. I've said this before and I'll say it again: the key to enjoying this season is maintaining the same expectations with which we started the season. As of week 1, I think everyone expected New England to win the division, and us to be battling for a wild card.

Winning a wild card usually means you lose 5-7 games over the course of the year. We're 7 games in, and have lost two. Both losses were on the road. One came after our starting QB was knocked out of the game early, and the other was just one of those games where nothing went right--and yet we were still in it until the end.

I'm not saying we looked good in either of those losses, but the fact is that with the exception of the 1972 Dolphins and 2007 Patriots, every playoff team in NFL history has lost games over the course of the season. It's just plain dumb to get too fired up over a single loss. If we win next week, we'll be 6-2, and on pace for a 12-4 season. That's WAY better than the most optimistic of us would have guessed at the beginning.
            Great post!
            BERNIAC!

Comment

• billsfanone
              Majored in Home Economics
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Saratoga Slim
              Nice thread guys. I've said this before and I'll say it again: the key to enjoying this season is maintaining the same expectations with which we started the season. As of week 1, I think everyone expected New England to win the division, and us to be battling for a wild card.

Winning a wild card usually means you lose 5-7 games over the course of the year. We're 7 games in, and have lost two. Both losses were on the road. One came after our starting QB was knocked out of the game early, and the other was just one of those games where nothing went right--and yet we were still in it until the end.

I'm not saying we looked good in either of those losses, but the fact is that with the exception of the 1972 Dolphins and 2007 Patriots, every playoff team in NFL history has lost games over the course of the season. It's just plain dumb to get too fired up over a single loss. If we win next week, we'll be 6-2, and on pace for a 12-4 season. That's WAY better than the most optimistic of us would have guessed at the beginning.

Comment

• HAMMER
                I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                • Jul 2003

Some people here are redeculous, too high one week, too low the next. This is a 16 game season, we lost to an underrated divison opponent on the road. Mostly due to three turnovers, some due to injury, some due to solid coaching and play by the opposition. It is going to happen again at some point this season folks, relax. 5-2 is a very good record in this NFL.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                  • Jul 2002

I hear you HAMMER.

Comment

• like2god
                    • Jul 2006

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                    Give Ginn and Pennington their due they played phenominal!

They were two of a very few that actually did well, Miami made alot of mistakes yesterday and they really had no business winning that game.

You guys will be fine, one bad game does not a season make. The Bills are still the team to beat in the AFCE IMO and once the knee-jerk emotion calms down you guys will forget all about yesterdays game.

Comment

Working...
                    X