• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: McCargo out indefinitely

Originally posted by John Doe
    This injury does not appear to be season-ending.

It may only last a few days.
    maybe it wouldn't be such a big deal if the guy didn't already miss most of the off-season conditioning because of his foot injury- with only a month left, every day counts.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

He's got 5 weeks until a real game to get well.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Bling
        • Jul 2004

He missed 11 games last year, and 5 games his final year of college. Didn't he also play with Mario Williams and Manny Lawson? I guess he could benefit playing next to Schobel.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

I guess the "neg nancies" were "realistically" concerned about McCargo and our DL.

How many want to keep giving Marv "high fives" for converting our 6th rounder to a 5th for a player that we desperately needed to sign?

Comment

• Philagape
            WIN NOW
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
            I guess the "neg nancies" were "realistically" concerned about McCargo and our DL.

How many want to keep giving Marv "high fives" for converting our 6th rounder to a 5th for a player that we desperately needed to sign?
            If our run D sucks again this year, then cash to cap is to blame.
            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• HAMMER
              I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
              • Jul 2003

Oh God, until we know the severity of the injury let's lighten up people. Everything is such a federal case with some of you. The sky is falling, the sky is falling. DRAMA.

Comment

• Bling
                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by HHURRICANE

Good point. If I was a Bills fan, and this turns out bad about McCargo, I'd think you were an idiot for giving high fives for the "5th round convert" now.

Comment

• alohabillsfan
                  • Sep 2003

Tank Johnson is available and Simon should be soon, would not mind either or both as insurance polic, hell get both and I would love our d-line (if simon is healthy and can play, Johnson cannot play until game 9)!

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                    My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                    • Apr 2004

Walker was never going to sign here and I doubt we would have gotten a 4th for Spikes with his questionable health. So, even though Marv was wrong about Walker, he got the
                    This is not atypical of training camp to see injuries during the first few days of pads.
                    The knee jerk reaction to start speculating that McCargo is a bust is also not atypical of this message board.
                    Now, if he's out for a significant amount of time, it will be hard for him to contribute this year, but a strained ab muscle is not a huge deal and I would suspect he will be back before long.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by alohabillsfan
                      Tank Johnson is available and Simon should be soon, would not mind either or both as insurance polic, hell get both and I would love our d-line (if simon is healthy and can play, Johnson cannot play until game 9)!
                      Tank is semi-available- he's suspended for something in the neighborhood of 8 games. So even if we got him, we'd need someone else to fill in in the meantime.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by andyxc71
                        Walker was never going to sign here and I doubt we would have gotten a 4th for Spikes with his questionable health. So, even though Marv was wrong about Walker, he got the
                        This is not atypical of training camp to see injuries during the first few days of pads.
                        The knee jerk reaction to start speculating that McCargo is a bust is also not atypical of this message board.
                        Now, if he's out for a significant amount of time, it will be hard for him to contribute this year, but a strained ab muscle is not a huge deal and I would suspect he will be back before long.
                        He's already been out a significant amount of time- every day he misses just makes it that much more significant. The guy had off-season surgery and missed the OTA's- he was rehabbing when he should have been conditioning. Everyone keeps talking about how guys make such a huge jump from year 1 to year 2- well the reason for that is experience on the field and a full off-season of conditioning. McCargo has neither and it's reached the point where we should be concerned about him even if he is ready to go when the season starts.

As far as Walker- why do people keep dodging the question of WHY he didn't want to be here? When players don't want to come to/stay in Buffalo. something is wrong.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

Originally posted by HAMMER
                          Oh God, here comes Op with the predictions of the franchises end being near in 3...2......1......
                          Wait, it's 5:30, he is probably stuck in traffic, or something else to ***** about.
                          NO! This is a great sign.

Actually, like it makes a difference. The guy's a stiff anyway. Just because no one here believes it doesn't alter it.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Wys Guy
                            NO! This is a great sign.

Actually, like it makes a difference. The guy's a stiff anyway. Just because no one here believes it doesn't alter it.
                            I don't want to believe it but his performance on the field and his nagging injuries are making reality harder to ignore.... well, at least for me. I can't say the same for a few others....
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
                              Seriously, how many times is the guy going to get injured though? This is ATLEAST the 3rd one in the past year. If you were one of the Bills fans (like me) that thought McCargo was a reach in the 1st this doesn't neccessarily make you feel any better about the guy.
                              And he's been such a force when he has been on the field. Where are we going to find a DT now that can make tackles after an 8-yard gain.

Talk about quandaries.

Comment

Originally posted by OpIv37
                                I don't want to believe it but his performance on the field and his nagging injuries are making reality harder to ignore.... well, at least for me. I can't say the same for a few others....
                                The whole thing's inconsequential to me. He's not even going to start even if he can stay healthy. He brought so incredibly little last year in the half-dozen or so games he did play.

...which would have been fine had he been a 4th rounder, but when a team trades up into the 1st to get you, unwisely I might add, then a little bit more than taking two or three seasons to get your #2 together is expected.

Except by some here of course.

Comment

Working...
                                X