Sirius specualting that Turner will be a Bill.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TigerJ
    • Jul 2002

Re: Sirius specualting that Turner will be a Bill.

I like the idea of swapping firsts. Buffalo has several holes to fill, and I am not thrilled about using 2 picks on one player.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Originally posted by DraftBoy
      I would swap #1's for Turner.

Not only does it leave us in a great posistion for getting a OLB, but I think we can also net another pick out of it. I wouldnt do the 2nd and 3rd for Turner. We need to keep or improve the number of picks we have not subtract from them.

My proposal was swaping 2nd rd picks and giving up #92

#43, #92 for #62, RB Turner

Comment

• clumping platelets

Originally posted by TigerJ
        I like the idea of swapping firsts. Buffalo has several holes to fill, and I am not thrilled about using 2 picks on one player.

Bolts should give us another pick

#12 for #30, RB Turner, and ?

I would say a 4th or 5th rd pick

Comment

• acehole
          • Jan 2006

I like # 2 it gives us more options in the first round...

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
          Possible scenarios discussed:

1) Just swapping first rounders which San Diego would be interested in.

2) Our 2nd and the 3rd from Baltimore for Turner. More likely.

Did he really have 6 yards a carry on a 150 touches? That's 900 yards? That can't be right but thats the numbers they were throwing out there. The first half hour on Afternoon Blitz was dedicated to Michael Turner in Buffalo!!
          Hated by the stupid..
          Loved by their moms.

Comment

• TigerJ
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by clumping platelets
            Bolts should give us another pick

#12 for #30, RB Turner, and ?

I would say a 4th or 5th rd pick
            I'd be all for that. 'Course, if they just wanted to give us Michael Turner and a draft pick, I'd be all for that too.
            I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
              • Apr 2005

Didnt Turner have 2, 80 yard runs or somethin? That might have an effect on his average considering he had such limited touches. I know hes good but im torn if hes really worth what they want. I need to see more.

Comment

• camelcowboy
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by WillisMcNasty21
                Didnt Turner have 2, 80 yard runs or somethin? That might have an effect on his average considering he had such limited touches. I know hes good but im torn if hes really worth what they want. I need to see more.
                Yeah his 80 yard runs can definately be a negative i love you guys trying to go out of your way to find faults with the guy. In limited action he shown he has a good ypc especially in the fourth quarter where teams are trying to stack the box because they know the run is comming. In those situations his ypc is around 7. One of you guys points out that during the begining of the game when he's subing for LT his ypc is only 5.7. Geez, im convinced he's horrible. Well i can't justify giving up more for him then mcgahee, thats a joke. How many 80 yards does willis have? How what was willis ypc? how effective was willis running when teams knew he was comming. How many big runs did have have in the 4th quarters of games? He's shown more in limited action then willis ever did in a buffalo uni. Keep trying guys, because the more you try to reason why we shouldn't trade for him the more i wonder what kind of football fans are posting these on boards. Have any you actually watched him play? Maybe you should. Willis was worth crap and we got better value for him. Don't compare turner to willis because willis fails on all comparisons except the amount of time he's been a starter.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                  • Feb 2005

I would swap picks with them but tha'ts about it.

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Goobylal
                    I'd offer them the picks the Ravens gave the Bills for McGahee. If they don't bite, forget it. I can't justify giving-up more than the Bills got for Willis.
                    That's a great point.
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• camelcowboy
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by YardRat
                      That's a great point.
                      No actually its pointless

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

Originally posted by camelcowboy
                        No actually its pointless
                        Market value.
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by camelcowboy
                          Yeah his 80 yard runs can definately be a negative i love you guys trying to go out of your way to find faults with the guy. In limited action he shown he has a good ypc especially in the fourth quarter where teams are trying to stack the box because they know the run is comming. In those situations his ypc is around 7. One of you guys points out that during the begining of the game when he's subing for LT his ypc is only 5.7. Geez, im convinced he's horrible. Well i can't justify giving up more for him then mcgahee, thats a joke. How many 80 yards does willis have? How what was willis ypc? how effective was willis running when teams knew he was comming. How many big runs did have have in the 4th quarters of games? He's shown more in limited action then willis ever did in a buffalo uni. Keep trying guys, because the more you try to reason why we shouldn't trade for him the more i wonder what kind of football fans are posting these on boards. Have any you actually watched him play? Maybe you should. Willis was worth crap and we got better value for him. Don't compare turner to willis because willis fails on all comparisons except the amount of time he's been a starter.
                          wow....someone has a man crush....just saying, i remember one which was against the Colts who were amazing in rush D right? also while in the 4th quarter. I didnt say hes bad, just sayin i dont know if hes worth all that. Lets see him take a full load of carries through out a game and season before we start jumpin on this guys junk.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                            • Apr 2005

and who was making the comparison to Willis? I wasnt.

Comment

• camelcowboy
                              • Mar 2005

Im not focusing on one poster im focusing of the many that keep saying that sense we received two 3's and a 7th for willis we should trade any more then that for turner. The comparisions are not valid, market value for a baby making, buffalo bashing, unintelligent underachieving pain in the ass is two 3's and a 7. Turner has shined in limited action as a back up, he had very productive college career and was drafted in a low round by the chargers. His value is he's young he has shown big play capablity, and the next team will get him on a contract that will be bargain compared to what you would get for him next year as ufa. We gave willis away because he was not a match for buffalo. His market value is that. Its a different game with turner or lynch or peterson. all will cost you first round pick value.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                                • Apr 2005

What did the Raiders give up for Jordan? cant remember.

Comment

Working...
                                X