Lance Briggs will most likely be franchised per Sirrius.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Re: Lance Briggs will most likely be franchised per Sirrius.

Originally posted by RockStar36
    Unless I'm missing something he has only played a handful of plays in the NFL. That's a pretty big risk going into next season.
    And Winfield and clements played none but started as rookies. Yobotay has the size, athleticism and speed needed to play CB in the NFL plus his background of also being from OSU. So he will have about a full year in our system vs winfield and clements being rookie starters.

I have no issue with giving him every chance to show what he can do.

Comment

Originally posted by ICE74129
      Ok lets get this out of the way Poslunzny is NOT going to be a good NFL QB. During the SR bowl week he looked AWFUL! he isn't athletic, slow etc. This was linked at some point during that week.

If anything you leave OLB alone and draft P willis or the kid from Florida to play ILB for us.
      Posluzny doesn't play QB

At LB many coaches say that while he never performs well in Senior Bowl type workouts he is a player with instincts and intelligence, the intangibles to become a very good player. How many NFL top players have never look good in tests? How many LBs have to run a 40yds dash in the Pros?

Comment

• ICE74129
        Legendary Zoner
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
        This is the counter argument that I have been pitching. Youboty will be a fine corner but not an improvement over Clements. If the Bills aren't making a major upgrade at LB, DT or DE than we just took a step backwards. PERIOD.
        I was watching NFLN Sun morning and they were talking about the Bears CB's and deion. Mooch said 'This is not (hugging deion) a cover 2 corner'. What he meant was you don't need great CB's for the cover 2.

signing clements is a waste of money.

Comment

• RockStar36
          Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
          • Sep 2004

I don't have a problem with him starting. It was a draft pick that I really liked last year. I just think it's a risk to throw him in the starting lineup considering that they plan on upgrading a good portion of the D.

D & S Sports

Comment

• ICE74129
            Legendary Zoner
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by kernowboy
            Posluzny doesn't play QB

At LB many coaches say that while he never performs well in Senior Bowl type workouts he is a player with instincts and intelligence, the intangibles to become a very good player. How many NFL top players have never look good in tests? How many LBs have to run a 40yds dash in the Pros?
            DOH LOL Meant LB Yeah instincts, tough etc...and very slow and unathletic. I am not talking about combine here, I am talking about live practices with NFL coaches and he didn't look good.

Comment

• ICE74129
              Legendary Zoner
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by RockStar36
              I don't have a problem with him starting. It was a draft pick that I really liked last year. I just think it's a risk to throw him in the starting lineup considering that they plan on upgrading a good portion of the D.
              just as it was a risk starting winfield, or clements as rookies. To me its less of a risk.

if they upgrade the D then putting Yo back there is LESS of a risk. Now if they do nothing it will be moot point as teams will be running up and down the field on us.

Clements is a waste of money if they sign him. We have MUCH Greater needs IF we are sticking to the cover 2.

Comment

• RockStar36
                Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                • Sep 2004

So we agree and yet continue to argue in some way. And If I remember correctly Clements started as a rookie during the 3-13 season when they had less to lose as opposed to this year when playoffs are expected.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                  Zero for Zero!
                  • Mar 2003

If Briggs is off the market, there are not many top notch FA's for the Bills to pursue. Thomas will be tagged.

Who would be left? Steinbach?

Other than that, I see nobody worth big $$$.
                  Originally posted by mysticsoto
                  Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                    • Jul 2003

If Lance Briggs and Adalius Thomas are both franchised or re-signed, which is a distinct possibility, then IMO London Fletcher is the top LB available.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Fletch said he wants out, plus Marv is building for youth, so I really don't see re-signing him as an option.

Nate is a waste of money. The guy is slightly above average. We can get someone else for a lot less money with only a slight drop in level of performance.

Do people here even watch the games? Nate had a few good games after the bye, but other than that he's sucked for 2 years.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                        • Mar 2004

If Briggs is franchised, maybe Marv can still work out a trade with Chicago. I'd give up this year's first round pick for Lance Briggs, wouldn't you?

Comment

• HAMMER
                          I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                          • Jul 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                          Fletch said he wants out, plus Marv is building for youth, so I really don't see re-signing him as an option.

Nate is a waste of money. The guy is slightly above average. We can get someone else for a lot less money with only a slight drop in level of performance.

Do people here even watch the games? Nate had a few good games after the bye, but other than that he's sucked for 2 years.
                          There are countless GM's and Coaches that will disagree with you. But what do they know. I don't dispute Clements has had some tough stretches but he is a top flight corner.

Comment

• ICE74129
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Feb 2005

Look Clements is a very good corner, but no where as good as his salary demands. Do I know exact numbers? No. But the man feels he is the best and wants to get paid like it, hense we don't even bother with him.

As for as LB's We do what we can. I still say that we can go DL in round one and get a STARTING ILB in the 2nd round and Draftboy can elaborate. If we can get a mid tier CB to compete with Yo, upgrade the DL and draft an ILB then we will be improved.

spend what needs to be spent to upgrade the offense and we still have tons of cap room to do extentions etc and not get us in trouble.

I still have NO issue starting yobotay.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                              Zero for Zero!
                              • Mar 2003

I have never senn Youboty play ICE and neither have you. Let's exercise some caution.

Assuming Briggs and Thomas are off the market, who should the Bills spend big money on?
                              Originally posted by mysticsoto
                              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                                • Mar 2004

Learn how to spell the guys freakin name for Christ's sake.

Comment

Working...
                                X