• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TacklingDummy
    Unreachable Douche
    • Jul 2002

Re: Tag and trade Nate for....

I agree that Nate will is most likely gone. I just think its a stupid move.

Comment

• Jeff1220
      H to the 12:20
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
      That's why we are so far under the cap, because we spend so much each season? Take note of the sarcasm please..

This is the first season that I can ever remember the Bills sitting on any substantial amount of cap space. Could it be that perhaps they didn't think many of the top dollar FAs last offseason were worth spending it on? Could it be that they saw the extra cap space as coming in handy for this offseason?
      Some here have short memories...it wasn't all that long ago that we were locked into cap jail. It wasn't that long ago that the Bills forked over pretty good money for TKO, Fletcher, Troy Vincent, Sam Adams, and (not an FA, but still...)Drew Bledsoe (among other less $ guys). They spend the money when they think someone is worth spending it on. If they like what they've seen from Nate, they'll make an earnest effort to re-sign him. They get some time to negotiate after the season, before the FA period begins. If Nate likes the offer and where he see the team heading, he'll take a real look at the Bills' offers.
      This team is in a position this coming offseason and '08 offseason to really put this puzzle together with the fairly young foundation that is in place. I trust that Ralph and Marv realize that they aren't getting younger and the time to spend for a run is NOW.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by BillsNick
        I'm just saying that by Marv giving Nate his word, while admirable, was a bad move in that now we don't even have the "option" of tagging Clements.
        I'm guessing Marv didn't give the promise lightly, so maybe Clements was threatening a holdout or some other annoying behavior in the event we wouldn't promise to make the tag a one-year thing
        Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
          What good is $40 million in cap room if they don't spend it?
          I AGREE!! EXTEND JP NOW!!!!

And Lee Evans of course... Time to go after the Manning/Harrison TD combo record.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
            And with $33 million in cap room there should be no reason why the Bills can't be the ones who sign Nate.
            Redskins .
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Sportsuser101
              • Feb 2005

I think the cover 2 is better suited for more physical corners. I love Nate but to be honest and he's had a good year I think we could get a guy much cheaper who fits our scheme better.
              Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

The Redskins will have to savagely restructure though and I think they have more needs than launching a huge bid for Nate. Plus with No1 draft picks in Springs, Rogers and Rumph I am sure it will do wonders for roster harmony. Is CB a need in Washington?

Comment

• gr8slayer
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Sportsuser101
                  I think the cover 2 is better suited for more physical corners. I love Nate but to be honest and he's had a good year I think we could get a guy much cheaper who fits our scheme better.
                  Are you saying Nate isn't a physical Corner? If so you are WRONG.

Comment

• jimmifli
                    • Nov 2006

The salary scale in the NFL is about to go through the roof. The cap is a percentage of revenue. That means when it goes up the owners are making more money. When they spend the cap, their profit is built in, unless they sign huge bonuses and then cut the players each year.

The fact that so many teams have so much cap space means that player salaries haven't kept up with league revenues. Today's $10Million is last years $6Million.

Seatle promised Walter Jones they wouldn't franchise him again, they did it anyways. I don't think the Bills are obligated not to franchise Nate, but it would leave a bad taste in his mouth (what does an 80 yr old ass taste like?).

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                      Defies all logic
                      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Jeff1220
                      This is the first season that I can ever remember the Bills sitting on any substantial amount of cap space. Could it be that perhaps they didn't think many of the top dollar FAs last offseason were worth spending it on? Could it be that they saw the extra cap space as coming in handy for this offseason?
                      Some here have short memories...it wasn't all that long ago that we were locked into cap jail. It wasn't that long ago that the Bills forked over pretty good money for TKO, Fletcher, Troy Vincent, Sam Adams, and (not an FA, but still...)Drew Bledsoe (among other less $ guys). They spend the money when they think someone is worth spending it on. If they like what they've seen from Nate, they'll make an earnest effort to re-sign him. They get some time to negotiate after the season, before the FA period begins. If Nate likes the offer and where he see the team heading, he'll take a real look at the Bills' offers.
                      This team is in a position this coming offseason and '08 offseason to really put this puzzle together with the fairly young foundation that is in place. I trust that Ralph and Marv realize that they aren't getting younger and the time to spend for a run is NOW.
                      We haven't made a splash in FA in years. You're talking about signings from about 5 years ago, whoopidy doo. Keep your hopes up all you want, but we aren't going to make a big splash in FA, we almost never do. We will never sign Dwight Freeney or Nate Clements this offseason. It's very unusual for Ralph to give a top 5 player at their respective positions, the paycheck that they want.

Comment

• njsue
                        Jersey Girl!!!!!!
                        • Sep 2003

The Bills cant let Nate Go. They secondary will be toast.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                          • May 2003

Two words: Ashton Youboty.
                          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• njsue
                            Jersey Girl!!!!!!
                            • Sep 2003

Two more words: Step Back

Comment

Working...
                            X